Chapter (VII)

Ashton, Calum and I walk back to campus; as soon as we get there I regret not eating my fries and only half of my salad, but I don’t want to whine so I brush it off.

“What classes do you have next?” Ashton asks while waving bye to Calum.

“I have gym and math.” Ashton frowns at this information.

“What’s wrong?” I question him; while watching his face carefully.

“It’s nothing, just that, I have no classes with you this afternoon.” I smile at his answer; he notices and nudges my arm.

“Don’t laugh at me.” He mumbles while blushing a little.

“I’m not, I’m not.” I lie trying to make him feel better about the situation.

He opens his mouth as if he is about to say something; but the bell interrupts him. His face falls, and he frowns at me.

“Aye, don’t be sad I’ll see you after school, meet me by my locker?” I suggest to him, while smiling; hoping he will do the same.

He smiles at my request to see him later.

“Done, I’ll see you them.” He smiles and runs off to his class.

I walk around trying to find the gym but I have a hard time finding it, I walk down a long dark hall hoping to find the gym at the end of it, but I don’t. I find Luke instead.

“You can’t keep yourself away from me.” He slurs while shining a toothy grin in my direction.

I try to ignore how good he looks in the dim light, but it’s a little hard when he looks this good.

“Don’t flatter yourself; I’m just trying to find the gym.” His smile fades at my answer.

“Well you’re in the completely wrong wing for that.” He snaps.

I roll my eyes, “I didn’t think you would be much help anyway.” I mumble as I walk away.

I hear him running after me; and I feel his presence behind me.

“What do you want Luke?” I snap; crossing my arms in front of me before he can grab them.

“I could walk you if you want?” I offers; his tone softer than it’s ever been before.

I can just imagine the walk, and all his rude comments towards Ashton; I shake my head at the thought of anyone being rude to Ashton.

“I’d rather bite off my own leg.”

He eyes look at me; at first they look hurt then he smiles a little.

“Well that can be arranged.” He jokes. Why are his jokes so bad?

“You should really give up the jokes.” I tease trying to hide my laugh; but it comes out anyway.

“Well, let me walk you and I promise not to crack the joke the whole time.” I study his tone and his expression; I don’t know him well enough to tell if he’s lying, but his tone sounds sincere.

“Okay, fine.” I want to add that he isn’t allowed to make any rude comments about Calum or Ashton, but I don’t want to push it; I really just want to get to class.

He smiles and begins to walk.

“Why do you dress like that?” He asks while looking at my brown rolled up kakis and navy blue sweater.

I sigh.

“2 minutes into the walk and you’re already dissing the way I dress.”

He sighs and puts his thin long hands in his tight jean pockets.