Chapter (VIII)

I get threw my first two period feeling like I could throw myself out a fucking window. I haven’t been able to concentrate since Luke’s outburst this morning. I want to tell Ashton about it, to get some answers, but I don’t want to tell him the long story of how we met in the first place.

“Hey, where do you wanna go for lunch?” Ashton asks me as I walk out of History class.

“Anywhere, I’m starving!” I groan, while trying to get my tiny hands around my huge History books.

“Here, I’ll take those.”  Ashton offers while taking the books gently from my hands.

He wraps his big hands around the books with ease.

“Thank you.” I smile, while tucking my hair behind my ear.

“They’re a bit heavy.” He teases, pretending to drop them.

“We could put them in my locker?” I suggest with a laugh.

We turn the corner to see Luke leaning on my locker. He’s wearing all black, with his long lean body pressed up against my locker. I narrow my eyes at him, but he’s expression is blank.

“Um I’ll take the books from here.” I suggest to Ashton as soon as I see Luke.

He wrinkles him eyes brows at me in confusion.

“Why is there something wrong?” Ashton still oblivious to Luke hovering against my locker.

I really don’t want to upset him, I see his eyes are falling; I can’t be weird with him with how nice he’s been to me. I shake my head and we continue walking.

Luke laughs when he’s sees Ashton.  Ashton glares at him, but Luke doesn’t seem to be fazed.

“So you’re hanging around with this nerd now.” Luke laughs while taking his lip piercing under his teeth.

I can feel the tension between them; it’s really angry and violent.

I pray to myself that a fist fight doesn’t break out.

“What’s your problem?!” I raise my voice in frustration.

Ashton hands me my books and whispers in my ear.

“I’ll wait for you outside.” I nod, and he walks off, Luke’s eyes still priced on him.

“You really have a talent for being an asshole to everyone, you know.” I state to Luke, he doesn’t seem to get offended; he just laughs and turns his tall body towards me.

“It’s a gift, most people embarrass it.” His eyes staring hard into mine trying to read my expression, but I don’t want to look at him, and see his beautiful blue eyes. I’m mad at him; I HAVE to be mad at him.

“What are you doing here Luke?” I ask as I sigh and roll my eyes.

A twinkle sparks in his eyes.

“I’m at school Abigail, I go here.” He laughs trying to make a joke; in which he terribly fails at.

I close my locker a lot harder than I expected to.

“Whoa, I get it, my jokes are bad but you don’t need to go slamming things,” He snaps.

“Okay Luke I’m not playing games with you. Why are you here, here at my locker saying rude things to my friends, trying to be funny, which you really should give up because it’s nauseating-”

He cuts my off.

“I need to talk to you.” He says in an almost whisper.

“I think you talked enough this morning.” I raise my eyebrows trying to remind him of his outburst.

He breaks eyes contact and stars to the floor.

“You deserved it.” He mumbles.

I feel a rush of angry run threw my body, I hold myself back from going into punch him in the face.

I know I couldn’t anyway, he’s way stronger than me, and whenever our skin touches my body melts. NO fuck Abigail, you’re mad at him, MAD.

“No one deserves to get yelled at the way you yelled at me.” I start off angry but my voice breaks and I start to sound hurt.

His eyes flicker from the floor and stare at me for only a moment before I feel them on me.

“Well then maybe you shouldn’t have went around terrorizing people’s girlfriends and this wouldn’t have happened.” He says while putting his hands in the pockets of his tight black jeans, making his sleeves roll up and I can see the beginning of his tattoos.

I come back to reality after staring at his tattoos. Shit, I hope he didn’t notice. I look up at him and see him smirking, damn, he saw.

“Is that seriously what she told you?” I snap angrier at Melissa then Luke.

He doesn’t say anything, but I can tell by his body language she told him a big story of shit I never did or said.

“Well maybe you should ask your girlfriend what actually happened.”

His eyes are soft, he moves closer to me only inches away from my body.

“Why can’t you tell me?” He whispers as I feel his breath on my skin, it burns.

“Because, I’m not your girlfriend, your ex-girlfriend or even your friend and if you haven’t noticed you’re an ass to me and the only friend I have here.” I go to walk away but he grabs my arm.

I feel my blood start to boil.

“Luke, let go of my fucking arm.” I say quietly but in a very hard tone.

“Why so you can run off angry?” His voice light and smooth with his hard accent.

“Um yea, I’m not going to stay here and talk to you, you’re rude, obnoxious and frankly I don’t want to be around you.” I look back and his face seems to fall, but only for a moment as he thinks of something horrible to say to me next; but he says nothing, and gently let’s go of my arm.

I don’t look back, and I don’t want to. He is such an asshole. But under his hard exterior, he seems hurt almost like he’s trying to find someone to care for him, but he has a really fucking bad way of showing it.

Or he’s just a huge jerk and I’ve somehow fallen into his trap.