Chapter 87

"Luke would you please tell me what's going on?" I beg as I creek open the bedroom door; he rolls his eyes.

"I can't believe you were calling him Abigail, telling him how you only chose me because you felt bad for me?" His voice twists into a whisper and his eyes become watery.

"What? How could you possibly think I'd do that? You don't honestly think that do you?" He stares at me with blank eyes as I slowly walk over to him.

"I don't fucking know Abigail; with all this shit lately, I don't motherfucking know!" He barks; the ink on his pale is always more pronounced when he's angry.

"Why would you ever contemplate that for a second?" I whisper as a single tear falls from his eyes; that fucking Jace kid is asking for it.

"I don't know maybe you wanted to get back at me for that time I went out with Michael and didn't come back till 3am." He's getting a lot more agitated then is physically safe right now.

"I would never Luke, I swear on everything I love and everybody I love I would never and I didn't ever." I expect him to be happy with my response but anger ignites in his eyes.

"Jace is going to fucking pay." He growls as he pushes his chair out of the room.

"Whoa, whoa Luke stop." I panic as I follow after him; this hyperactive extremely violent Luke is getting really hard to handle; and very quickly.

"Wait for what Abigail? For him to make up another lie; to possibly hurt me to the point of no recovery?!" He clenches his pale hands into fists.

"Don't you dare talk like that." I can't even hear of him getting hurt again; I will go completely insane.

"Well it's the truth Abigail." He rolls over to the door.

"And what are you planning to do Luke? If you haven't fucking noticed you're in a wheelchair for fucks sake." I've never swore so much in once sentence before; what is happening.

"Not for long." Luke grabs on the counter and tries to lift himself off his chair; he stands, weak and fragile. He blinks rapidly and falls back into his chair; I rush over to him.

"You can't be fighting people right now Luke." I sigh as I check his head to make sure it's okay.

"Well that the fuck am I supposed to do?" He begins to cry; it hurts more seeing Luke like this then seeing him not remember a single thing about me.

"You're supposed to take it easy and rest up." I say into his shoulder; he ignores me and continues crying in my arms.

"Fuck I'm such a baby." He huffs as he wipes the tears on his cheeks; I graze my thumb across his cheek bone.

"You're not a baby Luke; you keep all this emotion in, it has to come out at some point." I run my fingers through his hair as he does the same to me.

"I'm sorry I ever doubted you-." A faint knock on the door interrupts him.

"Pizza!" I boast childishly; Luke rolls his eyes as he pushes himself over to the living room.

I walk over and open the door and feel like I'm going to pass out.

"Large cheese with-." I interrupt him.

"I think I left my wallet in the car." I lie as I push Jace out of the doorway and quickly close the door behind me.

"What in the hell are you doing here?" I scream-whisper at him; it's taking everything in me not to push him down a flight of stairs.

"I'm delivering your pizza?"

"Real funny asswipe; do you have any idea what you've put him through, he almost died." The amount of anger in my body is making me tremble.

"You can't lie and tell me he didn't deserve it." What the hell did he just say? I can't control my body and I punch his face so hard I feel like I've broken my knuckles.

"The fuck? You just broke my nose!" He yells as he drops the pizza and covers his bloody nose with his hands; I hear Luke swing the door open.

"Luke please go back inside." I beg as Luke's jaw clenches and his breathing increases rapidly.

Jace looks like he's just seen a ghost.

"Get the fuck away from my girlfriend before I strangle the life out of you with my bare hands." He huffs; Jace glances up at me and makes a run for it over to the elevator.

"Better take the stairs fuck face; I can wheel myself over there within seconds." Luke puts his hands on the wheels of his chair and Jace books it.

"This isn't over cripple!" Jace yells at he runs down the stairs; I glance over at Luke to make sure he's okay.

"You've been doing a lot of punching lately." Luke teases as he wheels himself back into the apartment.

"Huh?" I knot my forehead and shake my throbbing hand.

"Well first Melissa then Jace; normally I'm the violent one." He smirks while looking up at me then back down at my swollen hand; wait how does he ... Michael must have filed him in.

"I hate to break it to you Luke but you are the violent one."

LUKE'S P.O.V.

I can't let him get away; if I'm still lucky he'll be downstairs leaving the building.

I have to make an excuse to go down there. I scramble around pretending I'm looking for something.

"Oh shit I think I left my phone in the car." I pretend to panic; Abigail walks over to snatches my keys.

"I'll get it." She goes to leave.

"No! Wait, I need some fresh air after seeing that cunt." She glares me; I'm dumber than I think to have thought she was that naïve.

"Really Luke, do you think I'm that slow?" She doesn't seem offended just a bit curious of that I think I can do in a wheelchair.

"If you're not back up here in 5 minutes I'm calling an insane asylum." I push myself over to her; she kneels down to give me the key, I pull her in and kiss her; hard.

"I love you." I breathe into her strawberry tasting mouth.

"I love you." She breathes into mine.

"Okay enough of that; I'm getting too excited." Her cheeks are flush red already; fuck she's amazing.

She opens the door for me and I fly down the hall way; I press the elevator button too many times to count.

"That bitch better still be here." I huff to myself; then it all sets in, what am I planning on doing to him? I mean I'm in a wheelchair for fucks sake.

I elevator stops and the doors swing open; I am beyond relieved to not see Tommy but Jace sitting there on the side of the building; here is my chance.

I wheel up behind him and bring my fist to the back of his head; my fist slams into the back of his skull.

He doesn't make a sound; he just falls face first on the pavement.

His body looks lifeless, breathless, and motionless; I struggle to bring my hand down to his neck, his pulse is...