Chapter 52 & 53

"Abigail?" Luke mumbles while pulling away from me; I lift my head.

"Yeah Luke?" His eyes are red and glossy; he's been showing so much emotion lately.

"Promise me if I tell you to leave me you listen?" I knot my forehead.

"Luke what are you talking about?" I ask backing away from him trying to get a better look.

He takes his lip ring under his teeth.

"Just, if I tell you to leave me; please do it, and never look back." His voice is unsteady and his eyes are motionless; he grows desperate.

"Yeah, okay Luke." I nod rubbing my forehead in confusion.

"I should probably get back to Blake." I mumble and Luke takes my arm.

"I really am sorry for that Abigail." He pleads staring hard into my eyes; I nod.

"I know Luke, it’s okay." I try to plaster a small smile on my face; I don't know how well it worked out.

"I'll get going too." He mumbles while placing his cold lips on mine; I shiver instantly after our lips touch, I feel Luke smile through the kiss.

"I love how you react to me." He slurs while nibbling on my left earlobe; my knees become weak.

"Shit." Luke laughs while grasping my waist to stabilize me; I feel my cheeks burn, I pull away from him.

"Talk to you later?" He asks while still smiling from my embarrassing near wipeout; I nod as I see my mother’s car drive up the steep road out of the darkness.

My whole body tenses and I feel permanently sick.

I see my mother’s eyes fill with rage as she storms out of the car.

I am assuming Adam is at a friend’s house because he isn't in the car.

"What is he doing here?" She strains her voice trying to hold in her anger.

"He was just leaving." I mumble looking at Luke; who looks very comfortable considering the way my mother treats him.

"Yeah; I'll be on my way." He smiles while leaning over to give me a kiss; my mother gasps and rushes over to stop him.

"What do you think you're doing?!" She screams and nearly pushes Luke to the ground; his eyes widen.

"I was going to kiss my girlfriend goodbye." He snaps; my mother’s jaw drops and I shiver just imagining what she's thinking.

"Your what?" She gasps; turning to look at me while Luke throws his arms up in confusion.

"Mom can we not do this now?" I sigh burying my head in my hands.

"No Abigail we are doing this now. Tell me you are not dating this, this scrub!" She shouts; my eyes flash to Luke and for the first time he looks hurt.

"Don't you dare call him that!" I shout back; my mother’s eyes widen in disbelief.

Luke brings his eyes from the ground to mine; he wiggles his lip ring and smiles slightly at me.

"Stop defending him! He's scum and you deserve so much better Abigail." I can see mother is losing her energy to fight with me right now.

My eyes glance up at Luke and he nods in agreement; my heart sinks.

"Well who do you think I deserve?!" I am still shouting at my mom; I hate how she judges Luke so much just on his physical appearance.

"Ashton!" She shouts; Luke's fists immediately clench, I look at him but he bites his lip and shakes his head; he is beyond pissed.