Chapter 28

“Stay still!” Nancy laughs while yanking little hairs off of my eyes brows.

“But it hurts.” I yelp while squirming around.

“It only hurts because you’re moving.” She lies.

Finally she stops and puts the metal tweezers down.

“Okay I think we are totally done.” She smiles while guiding me to the mirror.

I feel really uncomfortable. Nancy talked me into wearing a pair of high waisted studded shorts and a tight Rolling Stones tank top. I am pleased that she let me where sneakers; even though these are uncomfortable too.

I stop right before the mirror.

“What’s wrong?” Nancy asks; sounding concerned.

“If I look as uncomfortable as I feel, I don’t want to see.” I confess and Nancy looks upset.

“Abigail, you look amazing. Trust me.” She smiles which makes me feel a little at ease.

“Thank you, but I still don’t want to see.” She frowns again.

“Fine, but we have to go; it’s not safe to be walking around here after dark.” She mumbles as she throws things into her purse.

I automatically think to the night she came over to me house if was nearly 10 o’clock; which means she had to walk around here at almost 11. My stomach turns just thinking of Nancy in trouble with people around here; she notices my expression.

“You okay?” She asks once again.

“Yes I’m perfectly fine.” I smile and we walk out the apartment.

I hear Nancy laughing at me as we walk down the hall.

“What?” I squeal.

She continues laughing.

“Nancy!” I whine.

“Abbey babe, you’re shorts are supposed to be high, and with how big your ass is, it’s going to hang out a little.” She breathes through her laughter.

“I don’t think my shorts should be feeling like underwear.” Nancy’s whips her tears from laughing so hard.

“Well you insisted on bringing jeans, so if it’s that bad you can always change.” She smiles as we walk out the building.

The air is still hot but there is a nice breeze. I’m amazing with how it’s always hot here.

We walk for a short period of time before we hear loud music and see flocks of teenagers.

“Well we’re here.” Nancy laughs as we walk through the people and walk into the same house the party was held at last time.

I feel my body tense up from being in the same place of the “incident” but I also feel strong for bringing myself here; along with stupid.

“You going to have a drink tonight?” Nancy whispers.

I shake my head. Its worse enough I’m here I don’t need to be drinking as well.

She nods as she pours a bottle of Tequila into a red cup and pours me a drink of pop.

Nancy leads me over to a group of tattooed teenagers; they seem intimidating but they’re really friendly and funny.

“So this is Abigail?” One of the guys asks; his eyes remind me of Luke’s baby blue and perfect. Fuck am I seriously thinking about him again?!

Nancy nudges my arm.

“Oh, yea that’s me.” I smile awkwardly; he laughs at me.

“What, do I have something on my face?” I panic and bring my shaky hands to my mouth and cover it.