Chapter 13

I wake up Tuesday morning bright and early considering the time I went to bed. I still can’t believe it’s only Tuesday, I’ve only been here for 3 days, but it feels like it’s been months.

I’m awake before everyone else so I jump a quick shower and get ready for school. The warm water hitting my muscles calms me down. I run my brush thought my knotted hair and put on some light makeup.  

Blake was always upset that every day I would put makeup on for school; I just like to look decent when I leave my house. I walk back to my room, wrapped in only my towel. I walk over to my dresser and just stand in front of it.

“I wonder what I could wear today that will make me look less manly than usual.” I question to myself as I open the drawers.

I search through my draws and all I have is khakis, sweaters, polo’s etc. I’m going to have to go on a little shopping trip soon; well that is when I get some girlfriends here, there is no way I’m shopping with Ashton or Calum and defiantly not my mom she’s the reason I have the clothes I do.

I finally find something decent after 15 minutes of looking. I take a pair of khaki shorts and a red Ralph Lauren polo. I slip the shorts over my curvy hips and finish them off with a thin black belt.  I put the shirt over my head, fix up the collar, sit on my bed and wait for it to be time to go.

I look over to my phone and realize it’s only 7; school doesn’t start until 9:15. What the hell am I supposed to do in that time. I think for a minute and end up leaving my room to explore the house. I make sure to be quiet and not to wake my mom; she would have no problem at all lecturing me first thing in the morning.

I walk down the creaky spiral stairs and end up in the living room; it’s dark and cold compared to my room. I flick on a light and flop down on the couch. I reach over to the bookshelf and grab “Pride and Prejudice.” It’s been a long time since I read this book and I really enjoy it.

It seems like only it’s only been 5 minutes but I hear my mom and brother come down the stairs.

“You’re up early.” Mother says raising her eyebrow implying something.

I don’t look up from my book.

“Yeah, well I was home by 7 so.” 

She laughs a bit in frustration.

“Okay, Abigail.” She doesn’t continue on the subject; thank god.

Adam stays quiet not telling her about Luke and I nod thanking him.

“We are leaving in 10 minutes, I just have to do something’s first, you two should go wait in the car.” Mom says while ruffling through some boxes in the other room.

Adam stays at the table and finished his breakfast bar and juice; as I make my way outside. To my surprise Luke is sitting on the curb by Melissa’s house. Probably waiting for her, but he eyes are glued to my door.

He stares at me for a minute before I can’t take it; his blue eyes send shivers through my body.

“Is there something I can help you with?” I yell from my driveway.

He shakes his head, and moves his skateboard around from under his feet.

“You’re looking quiet manly today, I think I’m gonna nick name you Tom, you look like a Tom,” He says his tone harsh with the total intention of hurting me; I try to not let it, but it does.

“What the hell is your problem, its 8:30 and you’re already being rude?” I try to hold back my pain but it comes through my voice anyway.

He shrugs.

“Yeah it’s a bit early for me to be up and functioning too, but someone’s got to do it.” He mutters harshly.

I can’t stand him! Why is he so rude one minute and the next offering to walk me to class; he is really starting to give me a headache.

“Well why don’t you take your service somewhere else, it’s not welcome here.” I mumble just loud enough for him to hear me.

His hard blue eyes soften and he almost looks sorry. Ha! Luke sorry?  Now that’s a joke.

He begins to get up and takes his skateboard in one hand making his arm muscles flex under his black t-shirt. I feel like I’m going to faint at how beautiful his is; well once you get past his horrible personality, all his tattoo’s and countless hole in his face, but after that he’s kind of cute.

“Don’t come over here Luke, I’m serious.”

He chuckles and bit and takes his long fingers and runs them through his sandy blonde hair.

“What did I tell you Abbey, you’re not intimidating.” I hear his voice purr and he continues to talk over to me.

“And what did I tell you about calling me Abbey.” I snap glaring at him trying to make him stop and turn around.

“Well I guess we’re both a bit defiant.” He smirks and continues to walk over until he stops at the front of my driveway.

“No you’re defiant and cruel.” I stop awkwardly because I don’t know what to say about myself.

He raises his left eyebrow; bring his piercing up as well.

“And you are?” He bows his head waiting for my answer.

I hear a door fling open behind me; Luke has a smug expression on his face.

My mother notices he’s there and she nearly falls.

“What is this-this punk doing on my property?!” She squeals trying to gasp for air.

I look over at Luke and study his expression but he doesn’t look offended by her words, he just starts to back away.

“I’ll see you at school then Abbey.”

I roll my eyes.

“Don’t count on it.” I mumble and he smirks at my response.

Mother stumbles over to the car; Adam gives me a smile.

“I see you work fast.” He says raising his eye brows.

I smile.

“Thanks for not telling mom.” He looks at me confused.

“But didn’t she just find out?” I feel my body weaken; I guess he’s right and I have to endure a car ride with her, great.