Chapter 75

We find a booth in the back; Calum, Ashton and Nancy squish up on one side of the booth while Luke and I sit on the other.

Luke lets out a huge sigh; I can already tell his patience is wearing thin.

"Hello guys; what can I get for you?" The tall red haired waitress appears with a smile; I glance down at the menu and order scrambled eggs and a piece of toast.

"Alright, your meals will be with you soon." She smiles after taking everyone's order and disappears into the back room.

"So?" Ashton blurts out; he's trying his hardest to make this situation any less awkward then it already is.

"So what; if you have something to say just fucking say it." Luke snaps; Ashton looks down at his hands, while Nancy and Calum look at each other.

"Luke? What's your problem?" I whisper; Luke's eyes snap to me.

"Nothing. Can we just get this over with?" He growls; I shake my head and try to ignore his obnoxiousness.

"So how have you guys been, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." I hear Luke sigh but I ignore him.

"Well Calum and Nancy have been especially good; but I've been decent." There is something in Ashton's eyes telling me he's been less than decent; but I don't have time to figure it out.

"Scrambled delight for you, meat lovers for you two and campaigns breakfast for you two." The waiter smiles and walks away leaving us with our food.

"Okay so here's my question; since when did you like Nancy?" Calum stuffs his face with as much bacon as he can before answering me.

"Honestly I didn't, until she told me she liked me then I realised I had feelings for her." Calum wraps his arm around Nancy and press their noses together; I wonder what it's like to be in a relationship that's argument free.

We ramble on about things; while Luke stays silent. I finish my food and glance over to Nancy, who is giving me that 'quick bathroom break so you can tell me everything' look.

I hesitate leaving Luke here alone with Ashton and Calum; but if he wants what he says he wants that bad, he'll be good.

"I'm going to the restroom then we can leave okay?" I say into Luke's ear; his jaw is permanently clenched from enduring on this 'horrible' experience.

"Make it quick." He snaps; I glance over to Nancy who is already standing at the bathroom door.

"So how it is like; living with Luke?" She asks as soon as we enter the bathroom.

"It's interesting to say the least." I joke as I wash my hands; Nancy pulls out her lip stick.

"I know you won't believe it but you've changed him a lot Abbey; for the better." If Nancy only knew half the things Luke and I have been through.

"Ashton get off him!" Nancy and I both look at each other and bolt out the bathroom; we see Ashton on top of Luke and Calum trying to get him off.

"What the hell happened?" I panic as I rush over to try and help Calum.

"You're a no good punk, and you don't deserve her!" Ashton screams at Luke; I look around at the people in the diner who stare in terror.

"Why you just jealous she fell for me and not you." Luke is trying to razz up Ashton; which isn't surprising.

Ashton goes to swing at Luke; he grabs his fist and pushes him off.

"Why didn't you do that 5 minutes ago?" Calum rolls his eyes as he holds Ashton back; Luke's lip is busted open again, and his eye is a little purple already.

"You can't get a break can you?" I laugh as I run my fingers around his wounded face; Ashton does look a lot worse though.

"Can you tell me what the hell just happened?!" Nancy yells in frustration; Ashton spits blood on the floor.

"Luke is a no good asshole who ended up with an angel; what else is there to say." I glance up at Ashton who is staring at me with wide eyes.

"Ash man you've got to move on." Calum mumbles to Ashton; Nancy looks at me to make sure everything is okay, I nod and she walks over to Calum.

"I tried to let it go Abbey I really did; I tried to be happy for you but I couldn't. He's just going to hurt you over and over again." Ashton's eyes fill with water; all I want is to walk over to him and tell him everything is okay but it isn't; he wants to be with my but I'm with Luke, what do I say to him to make that okay.

"Let's go Ashton." Calum pulls Ashton by the arm; he resists enough to say one last thing to me.

"Mark my words Abigail, he will hurt you and when he does I can't promise I'll be here to catch you." I hear Luke huff in the background; something in my gut tells me to trust Ashton.

I try to hold Luke back from bashing his fist in Ashton face; I struggle to keep this 6'2" guy from moving.

"What you want to say something Luke?" Ashton teases; Luke wiggles around trying to break from my grasp, but he stays quiet.

"Exactly you have nothing to say because you know I'm right." And with that Nancy, Ashton and Calum disappear from the diner.

Luke and I stand in silence for a moment after they leave; I'm trying to process everything, Luke interrupts my thoughts.

"For once it's not me causing the fight." Luke laughs as he wipes the blood off his lip with the back or his hand.

"Well you were the cause of it." My tone isn't as joke full as his.

His whole demeanour changes.

"So you're telling me you believe this cunt?" He barks; I squint my eyes from his harsh language.

"So what if I do Luke, you can't blame me." I try to keep my voice down as the people in the diner get back to their food.

"You know what Abigail, I'm trying so hard for you right now, the hardest I've tried for anyone and you can't even see it." He looks away; I don't know what it was that Ashton said that made me doubt Luke for even a second.

"I'm sorry." I sigh and reach out to touch his arm; he doesn't move away.

"It’s okay, can we just go home now." He begs like a little boy; I nod and we make our way back to the apartment; leaving the diner and all the memories behind.