Chapter 86

I pace back in forth in the waiting room; Luke's been in there far too long.

Michael looks like he going to punch a wall if I pace by him one more time.

"Can you please sit down; you're making me anxious." He snaps; I glare at him but take a sit.

"I don't know what's taking so long." I panic; Michael lets out a huge frustrated sigh.

"It’s surgery Abbey, things like this take time." Michael doesn't know about the possible outcomes of this surgery; I haven't had the heart to tell him.

Within minutes one of the three surgeons comes out the room; I instantly jump to my feet.

"Is everything okay?" I boast; he slowly nods his head, I feel like I could pass out from relief.

"You can come in to see him now." He motions to the door; I glance at Michael he shakes his head as his eye lids flutter.

"I'm going to rest for a bit." He yawns; I nod and begin to walk to the room, I take an enormous breath before pushing the doors open.

Luke jumps; his eyes snap to me, he looks beyond terrified.

"A-abigail?" He stutters; I can tell by his tone he remembers, I basically run over to him.

"Baby." He breathes into my chest; I feel my whole body untangle, my muscles soften as his weak arms tighten around me.

"You're so boney?" He questions; I shiver and try to move from his grasp, he doesn't let me.

"You're not going anywhere." I feel his smile on my skin.

"Unless you're going to get food; because you definitely need it." His laugh makes my bones shutter; I feel like I haven't heard it in forever.

"Sorry it's been kind of hard to eat with you being all forgetful and such." I feel his chest skip a beat from me mentioning his amnesia; clearly he isn't ready to talk about it.

"It doesn't mean you should stop eating." I sense his overprotectiveness kicking in.

"It's kind of hard to do anything when you're boyfriend-let me rephrase, when you're whole world doesn't remember a single thing about you." He releases me from his arms; his face is paler than normal and he has unbelievable bags under his eyes, but he still manages to be the most beautiful person on this planet.

"I'm sorry, it wasn't intentional." He jokes; his jokes were always shit, and I've always made a point of letting him know that.

Suddenly the nurse walks in; she is wearing the biggest smile I've ever seen.

"Everything went great Luke!" She beams as she scurries over with wide arms; she grabs me and squeezes me.

"Doc, that's my neck." I squirm; she giggles and let's go of me.

"Sorry." She blushes; Luke looks a bit lost of who she is.

"You're Nurse Coleen, right?" He's timid on if that's her name; but without a doubt he is right.

"Yes, yes, yes that is my name!" She's almost seems happier than me; almost.

"Well I didn't come in here to sob happy tears; I came in the let you know Abbey that Luke is ready to go home whenever you'd like." A huge sigh of relief escapes my lips as I dramatically fall onto Luke's bed; of course he laughs at me.

"Please keep in touch." She smiles before leaving us in the room; Luke rests his probably beyond aching head on the pillows.

"I'd love to be in my own bed right now." He groans; I get on my feet and hover over him.