Chapter 55

(I suggest listening to Never say Never by The Fray (Acoustic Version) I whaled for 2 years) 

"What time is it?" I groan while trying to pull myself from under Luke's heavy body.

His eyes creep open and he grunts.

"11:30 ish, your phone went off at 6 but I turned it off." He mumbles; voice raspy and warm.

"What?!" I squeal while harvesting enough strength to move from under him.

"What's the big deal?" He snaps while sitting up looking at me standing completely naked beside the bed.

My cheeks burn as I try to cover up my lady parts with my hands.

"School is a huge thing for me; you can't be going around turning off my alarm so I miss it." I stammer back; searching for my clothes on the floor.

Luke moves from the bed slipping on his boxers.

"I don't know why you take it so seriously." He mumbles while tossing me my clothes; I quickly slip my undergarments on before answering him.

"I take it seriously because it's my future." His eyes snap to me as he moves back to the bed; he sits down and taps the space beside him.

I walk over and sit beside him; he hesitantly puts his tattooed arm around my naked waist.

"I'm sorry you just looked so peaceful; I didn't want to disturb you." He whispers while bringing his lips to my neck; I push him off.

"I've gotta go." I mumble; he raises his hands in confusion.

"At least let me drive you." He sighs while slipping his jeans on; covering the only ink-less part if his body.

"Shit my mom!" I freeze remembering what happened last night; Luke's eyes widen and he walks over to me.

"She brought Blake to the airport this morning." He whispers while looking at the ground; my pulse raises and I begin to panic.

"She what?! Why would she?!" I gasp for air as Luke wraps his inked arms around my shaky body; despite everything Luke and I indulged in last night, him hugging me while I'm half naked is beyond awkward.

"She's just doing this to get to you; don't let it." He mumbles while kissing my cheek; I slightly push him from me.

"There is no possible way to not let this get to me." I sob while scanning the floor for the rest of my clothes.

"Hey I'm trying to help!" Luke snaps as I put my shorts over my curvy hips.

"Well your not." I snap back; I really do not want to wear this sweater again in this heat.

"Here take my t-shirt." He growls while picking his t-shirt up off the ground.

I knot my forehead at him as he hands me his used black t-shirt.

"Just fucking wear it Abigail." He snaps while pulling his lip ring under his teeth.

I oblige and slip his t-shirt over my body; it fits a lot bigger then I expected, but it smells just like him; a light cologne aroma mixed with mint.

"It's already nearly noon please just stay?" Luke begs while sitting back down on the edge of the bed.

I would give anything to be able to lay in bed with him and cherish this mood he's in; but Blake is my whole life and I can't just let him leave without trying everything in my power to see him.

"I can't Luke; Blake needs me." I sigh while my body tingles from Luke's scent on his t-shirt.

"I need you too." He whispers while looking in front of him.

"But I've just spent the night with you; and now Blake needs me." I smile as I sit down next to him; his whole demeanour has completely changed.

"He's leaving you anyway." Luke huffs as he move away from my touch.

"He has no choice." I snap; quickly defending Blake.

"Of course he has a fucking choice Abigail." Luke growls as he gets off the bed.

"If you knew the parents he has and what he has to go through you'd understand." I yell before thinking; Luke rolls his eyes as mine travel up an down his inked, naked chest.

"Yeah it must be tough." He sighs sarcastically walking over to his dresser pulling a white t-shirt over his slim torso.

"It is for him." I whisper putting my TOM's on my feet.

Luke slams his dresser drawer; I nearly jump off the bed.

"What the hell?" I snap as he turns around to face me; his eyes angry and his hands tightly gripping the wood of his dresser.

"You can't leave me for him." Luke barks while biting his lip.

"What's your problem with me hanging a life with people other than you!?" I yell while getting off the bed; Luke walks closer to me.

"If he means as much to you as you say he does, he wouldn't be leaving you!" Luke yells back; I stumble a away from him until my back is up against his door.

"He's leaving me like I left him; I've learned to accept that." I bite my tongue trying to hold back my emotions.

"Why run to someone who's leaving you, for someone who's not?!" He snaps; I rub my temple from arguing with him first thing.

"I've given up a lot for you Luke, my grades, my mother and lost a bond with a person I love dearly, and I am not going to throw them completely away!" Luke bunches his hands into fists; he moves closer to me.

"I've given up a lot for you too Abigail!" He yells only inches from my face; I tremble from his volume.

I just want this fighting with him to end, so I can go find Blake before he leaves.

"You haven't given up shit for me Luke! You had nothing, I just came around to show you how little you have." I start off yelling then lower my voice as I see Luke clench his jaw.

He stares hard into my eyes and swings his fist from his side up to the wall only inches beside my head; I am frozen as he punches a hole in the wall right beside my head.

"Leave Abigail." He barks under his breath; I slip out from his arms and jog down the stairs, I reach the front door and pause.

I hear light sobbing and uneven breath from upstairs.

"I can't." I say aloud as I feel my legs carry me back up stairs to comfort Luke.

I manage to catch myself and build up enough strength to leave.