Chapter 42

I wake up Sunday morning feeling a heavy arm rested on my waist.

"What the?" I groan as I flutter my eyes open to see Luke sitting on the cold hardwood floor with his head resting on the sofa.

"Luke wha-." Luke jumps and quickly pulls his tattooed arm off of me; he's paler than a ghost.

"Luke why was your-." He shakes his head and gets off the floor and charges for the door.

"Luke where are you going?" I chase after him; putting my hand on the door to stop him from opening it.

"Home, what the fuck does it look like?!" He snaps while turning his head away from me.

"What the hell is your problem; I let you come here, stay with you last night and this is how your acting?" I try to keep my voice down and hide my pain; he brings his eyes to the ground.

"I know, it was a fucking mistake to even come here." He mumbles while taking his lip ring under his teeth.

My heart immediately collapses from his harsh words; I feel tears lace the rims of my eyes but I hold them back. The last thing I need right now is him seeing me crying.

"Abigail please just let me go." He growls while trying to move my hand from the door; it doesn't budge.

"But- but you, you said." I stutter on my words as my pulse quickens from his touch.

"Jesus Christ just fucking spit it out Abigail!" He yells while bringing his pale blue eyes to mine; I cringe from his words as I take a step back.

"You- you said to not." I stumble on my words; Luke clenches his jaw in frustration.

"I said not to what Abigail?!" The volume of his voice makes me jump; his eyes widen as I stumble back on my heels.

"You told me not to let you go." I practically whisper and move my eyes to Luke's; he looks like he just saw a ghost, his skin is pale and his eyes are wide. He opens his mouth to say something but my phone rings,

I move my eyes to it while Luke's stay on me.

"You should probably get that." His voice cracks and I hear his pain.

He catches me off guard and moves my hand from the door; I stare at him as he stands in the doorway, he doesn't say a word and walks out.

I stand in front of the door frozen and confused. There isn't even any point of trying to piece together what's just happened; I am just a naive girl who has let Luke walk over me yet again.

I shake my thoughts and walk over my phone. I stare at it for a moment and realize it isn't mine; it's Luke's. Nerves flood through my body; what the hell do I do with it? As the phone continues to ring I cave in and answer it.

"Hey Luke mate you alright, you were pretty smashed last night?" I recognize the accent; it's Michael. I sigh in relief.

"Hello?" He asks after I stay quiet for a moment.

"Uh hey Michael, it's Abigail." I mumble as I bite my lip; I can just see the look on his face.

"Shit. How'd you get his phone?" He asks; his tone beyond shocked.

I walk over to the stairs and sit down.

"It's a long story." I sigh and rub my temple; Michael laughs on the other line.

"I didn't think he'd get it that easy from you." What? My body fills with an unimaginable amount of anger.

"What the fuck did you just say?!" I growl; I feel my heart race and my fists clench.

"Uh, I didn't mean it like that." Michael squeals; I know he's lying but a part of my wants to believe he isn't.

"It's just you're different then all the other girls Luke's tried to get with." My heart shatters as I realize that's all I really am to Luke; another girl to get used, played and tricked.

I hear 3 loud bangs on the door and my heart stops.

"I got to go Michael." I mumble as I walk over to the door; I don't wait for him to say bye before hanging up.

"Great. The man of the hour." I say as I open the door; Luke stands there with a dumb expression in his face and looks at his phone in my hand.

"Can I uh, have my phone?" He asks; calm as if nothing's happened. His mood swings hurt my brain.

"Sorry I'm not as easy as half the girls at our school." I snap before tossing the phone in his open palm; he looks beyond confused; he opens his mouth to say something but I cut him off.

"I guess Michael was right, you've taken a lot from me and all I have to show for it is pain." I feel a hot tear stream down my face; I wipe is quickly before Luke can see.

"Abigail, let me explain." He asks while biting his lip.

I shake my head and bite my tongue to stop myself from breaking down in tears.

"I don't want to hear it Luke, I really don't." I sob before slamming the door in his face; I wish I would have left it open to see his expression, but I couldn't hold my tears in any longer.

I put my ear to the door and hear his breath; slow and steady.

"Are you going to leave anytime soon?!" I bark as I swing the door open.

He just stands there; pale eyes wide and hands in his pockets.

He takes a step towards me; I stumble back before he wraps his arm tightly around my waist stabilizing my body. My mind is dizzy and my eyes can't focus; then I feel cold, soft lips clash into mine. 

"Luke what the hell are you doing?!" I yell before pushing him off of me; he holds his arms out confused.

"I was kissing you; what did it look like?" He snaps; great we're back to pissed off Luke.

"You can't keep shutting me up by pressing your lips against mine!" I begin to raise my voice; my body still trembling from his touch.

He brings his pale hand to his temple and sighs.

"Well it's worked every other time." He mumbles and my heart sinks. He knows how tight a hold his has on me; why am I so naive?

"Abigail; you're more to me then just some girl." He mumbles while looking at the ground; my heart jump from his words, I have to remind myself we're talking about Luke here.

"Of course I am, because you have a really great way of showing it." I sigh while biting my finger; Luke's eyes snap to me; his forehead knotted.

"Look Abigail, I know I'm an ass, I'm not stupid but no one has put up with my shit as well as you have." I see truth in his eyes; but I can't fall for it again, I'm alway falling in his trap, that's why I'm in this mess.

"Luke I don't know what to say." I shake my head; he brings his eyes to mine.

He walks over and puts his cold inked hands on my cheek bones.

"Don't say anything; just think about what I've said, I know you don't believe me but I wish you would." He whispers; his eyes burn mine as we gaze at each other for what it seems like forever; I shake my head and brush his hands off of me.

"Please go Luke." I mumble while trying to mask my pain; his eyes move from my lips to my eyes as he study's them.

He stands staring at me for a moment before he nods and walks out the door; I quietly close it behind him.

"Fuck." He whispers from the other side of the door; I wait a moment before I hear his footsteps fade away.