Chapter 20

I feel my fists clench as I begin to stand up.

“Are you fucking serious?!” I scream at him; trying to be as intimidating as possible, I scare myself.

“Oh give it up Abbey, just get in the car.” Luke snaps while keeping his eyes locked in front of him.

He must be out of his damn mind if he thinks I am getting in that car.

“Are you well? After what you just did to me, you really think I’m going to get in this car with you?” The amount of anger my body possesses right now is making me shake.

He glances over at me, keeping his face straight.

“I’d let you walk home, but I really don’t want to wake up and hear of your death, so would you please just get in the car.” He begins to beg and I hear his voice grow impatient.

“I’d rather die than get in this car with you.” I huff; he finally turns his head towards me.

“Nancy told me what your mom doesn’t know that you left, and unless you want her to find out, I suggest you get in the car.” He points out while flashing an annoyed smile my way.

The light bounces off his piercings and shines in my eyes; I squint.

“Sorry.” He mumbles.

“After what just happened you’re going to apologize over some light shining in my eye? Wow what a kind soul you have Luke.” He pulls his lip ring under his teeth at his name bounces off my lips.

“I really don’t want to get into any more fights with you right now.” He says while clenching the steering wheel.

I roll my eyes.

“Oh yeah, because another fight would destroy our perfect friendship.” I scoff; he brings his eyes back to the road.

“I’m not leaving until you get in the car, so have it your way.” He says through his teeth while taking the key out of the ignition; the low humming of the engine stops, and it’s pure silent.

I feel my legs weaken from the amount of time I’ve been standing; I walk over to the curb and sit down. I sit until my bum gets numb from the cold cement; I stand up and go to rub my eyes but stop because there’s a pound of makeup on my face.

“Abbey, please just let me take you home.” He begs; his tone soft and quiet.

“Don’t call me that.” I snap disregarding his request.

His eyes meet mine, with the amount of alcohol he’s consumed his eyes are not red at all; and I don’t smell liquor on him, or his breath.

“You let everyone else call you that.” He spits; his tone full of anger. This boy’s mood changes in a heartbeat.

“Well everyone else is nice and kind to me, then theirs you.” I mumble while breaking eyes contact.

I feel his eyes examine my face, but I don’t look at him.

“Alright well if you’re not going to let me drive you home, at least let me walk you.” He says while putting his car keys in his pocket. Is he mental you leave his car here like this, well he isn’t all with it so maybe.

Before I can decline he’s already out of his car and standing in front of me. He looks so much bigger and intimidating when he’s standing this close to me. Even in the state I am; my pulse still quickens when he is near.

He goes to walk, but I don’t follow.

“Oh c’mon Abbey, its 2 o’clock in the morning can you just come please?” He pleads adding in hand gestures to be more dramatic; I can see and feel his desperation.

“Please stop calling me that.” I say while rubbing my temple; I feel a migraine coming on.

He slowly walks back towards me; I am unaware of his presents as he touches my arms with his fingertips. I feel tingles run through my body, and my pulse quickens once again.

“Okay Abigail, but you tell me when I’ve earned the privilege of calling you Abbey.” He whispers on my neck, I feel like I am going to collapse.

I push him away from me; he is caught off guard and stumbles back a bit. I cross my arms in front my tired body.

“Well you can start by driving me home.” I really would like to play pissed off Abbey, but right now I need sleep, and a place without Luke.

A smirk appears on his perfect face as he skips to his side of the car. He unlocks the doors and I slip into the vehicle. The seats feel like clouds against my sore bottom. Luke notices my expression.

“The seats are comfortable I take it.” He laughs as I roll my eyes and look out the window.

He starts the car and the low hum is back; making things a lot less awkward. As soon as he turns on the car a loud crash of screamo music fills the car, I nearly scream as he jumps to turn it down.

He laughs.

“Sorry about that.” He mumbles while putting the car in drive. I know I should be mad at him but the way he looks driving; the way his muscles contract under all his tattoo’s , how his long fingers stretch around the slim steering wheel, damn Abbey you’ve got some issues if you’re fantasizing over Luke Hemmings right now.

The car ride is quiet while I stare out my window. I have no idea where we are, and the car ride feels like it’s taking longer than it should. I grow uneasy.

“How much longer until we’re there?” I ask trying hard not to fall asleep.

Luke glances over at me and smiles at my sleepy state.

“About 5 minutes.” He answers while turning the steering wheel with his pale arms.

A few minutes pass before he speaks again.

“You know I liked your old look better.” He mumbles keeping his eyes glued to the road.

I wrinkle my eye brows. 

“So you’d prefer me to look like a middle aged man?” I ask in astonishment.

He shakes his head while keeping a serious face.

“I never said you looked like a middle aged man, I said you dressed like it.” He defends but his comeback still makes no sense.

“So you’d prefer me to dress like a man?” I ask trying to keep my eyelids open.

He laughs and shakes his head.

“Never mind.” He says while turning onto a familiar street; my street.

I feel a load or stress lift off of my body, as I let out a big sigh.

“Happy to be home I see.” He points out as I take off my seat belt.

As soon as he stops the car I try to make a run for it, but I feel his cold hand touch my warm thigh.

“Um why are you touching me?” I ask trying to push out as much sass as I have left in my exhausted body.

He ignores my question.

“Good night Abigail.” I feel his cold hand leave my tingling thigh. I nod and to say good night, before getting out of the car.

 I drag my tired legs to the door and slowly put my key in and turn it. I feel Luke’s eyes glued to me as I slowly walk into my house. As soon as I close and lock the door I hear the low hum of his car drift away.