Chapter 72

A doctor comes in.

Doctor:
The e.r. is ready for her now.

They give me an anesthetic and everyone tells me 'goodbye', but Seth is last.

Me:
I'm scared, Seth.

Seth:
(stroking my hair)
Don't be. Everything will be fine, and I'll be by your bedside when you wake up.

Me:
Promise?

Seth:
I swear. I love you, baby.

Me:
(getting drowsy)
I....love you....t

==Seth's Point of View==

We all have to re-locate to the waiting room. The entire time I'm in there I just worry about Mickey....and I can't sit. So I pace, and pace, and pace until Hunter forces me to sit down.

Hunter:
Would you stop doing that pacing bullshit, I'm getting dizzy!

Me:
Sorry, Hunter....I'm just nervous.

Hunter:
She's gonna pull out of this surgery just fine, relax.

Cameron:
What exactly happened with my sister, Seth?

Seth:
Do you really want to know (he nods) Your sister was forced to marry Brock Lesnar, after their wedding, Brock chained her to a bed for a week and beat and raped her every day. When I faced him last week, I beat him and he got pissed, and he attacked Mickey in the hall; slamming her into the wall (which I'm sure wasn't good for her) she ran away and Kane found her and brought her to his office to calm her down, when Hunter and I walked in and saw she'd been crying, she told us that he beat her. Then she rolled up her shirt and her ribs were black and blue. At Hunter's request, we took her to a medic, who examined her and told us to take her to the e.r. for an x-ray—well, she got one and the results were she had three crushed ribs. We thought that the worst was over, but after her match last night, Brock snuck in behind her and F5'd her. Now, here we are in an emergency room. Doc says, she's got three shattered ribs (those will need surgery), the rest of her ribs are completely bruised, she's got a shattered arm where her arm was already broken (that's gonna need surgery too), and broken wrist.

Mickey's mother:
(tears in her eyes)
I can't listen to this!

She runs off, Stephanie follows her. Six hours later the doctor comes out.

Doctor:
Well, she came through the surgery beautifully, she's in recovery resting. Would you all like to come see her?

Me:
Yes!

Hunter:
I'll wait for Rebecca and Stephanie. The rest of you, go.

The doctor takes us all to recovery. There's a nurse holding a juice box up to her lips so she can drink it (seeing her like this....like she's helpless just makes me so mad) She sees her siblings and her eyes light up. They rush to her; hugging her as lightly as they can. Cameron then steps aside so I can see her. I walk up to her and kiss her passionately.

Me:
How do you feel?

Mickey:
Like shit.

Me:
(lightly chuckle)
You'll feel better soon.

==Mickey's Point of View==

The docs say I'll be out for like seven/ eight months. After a week, I'm released to Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Hunter. They make sure to rent the presidential suite in every hotel we stay at and give me the biggest bed. Uncle Hunter stays by my side day and night...(he's a great caretaker) a couple days after I get released, (and when Seth isn't around) there's a knock on the suite door. It's Dean, coming to see me. He comes and visits every day. Finally on Sunday night it's itching at me what Uncle Hunter's going to say to Brock. As he's helping me into bed I decide to bring it up.

Me:
Uncle Hunter, can I ask you a question?

Uncle Hunter:
You just did, kiddo.

Me:
C'mon, Uncle Hunter I'm serious.

Uncle Hunter:
I already know what you're going to ask (I wait) I'm not telling you what I'm going to say to Lesnar, you'll have to find out.

Me:
Why can't you just tell me?

Uncle Hunter:
Because, I have to do what I have to do. Now, Seth doesn't have any matches tomorrow so, he's gonna come to the arena late. He'll stay with you and keep you company until the nurse gets here, okay? (I nod) Okay. (he kisses me) I love you, little girl.

Me:
I love you too, Uncle Hunter.

Uncle Hunter:
Did you take your pain medicine and sleeping aid?

Me:
Aunt Stephanie gave it to me about 20 minutes ago.

Uncle Hunter:
Alright then, goodnight.

Me:
Goodnight.

I fall asleep. The next afternoon, I wake up. Aunt Stephanie is already up and she helps me up to go to the bathroom and then orders me food. I get back in bed as Seth comes in. My eyes just light up when I see him. He crawls into bed with me and kisses the side of my head.

Seth:
Feeling any better?

Me:
I feel like I got hit by a Mack truck, not a train for once....so, I guess that's an improvement.

Seth chuckles. Room service arrives and he helps me eat. (Seth has been, unbelievably supportive and caring. He's like the perfect man) I fall back asleep with Seth's arm wrapped around me.

==Seth's Point of View==

She's getting better...but I'm still in 'destroy Lesnar' mode. Steph sees me looking at Mickey and sees my fist curled up shaking and sits next to me. She puts her hand on my arm.

Stephanie:
Seth, look at me, honey. (I look at her) You know Hunter will deal with this, right?

Me:
I know, Stephanie. This just makes me so mad. She couldn't hurt a fly, and now look what he did to her!

Stephanie:
Brock Lesnar cares about no one but himself, you know it, I know it, Hunter knows it....but I think what Hunter is going to do tonight will please you.

Me:
I still want to get my hands on him.

Stephanie strokes my hair.

Stephanie:
You will, I promise you can get your revenge too....but for now, let Hunter get his first. Remember, the girl that your arm is around is like another child to Hunter and I. We've helped raise her since she was three...Hunter would put himself in front of a train for her. You can't tell how truly mad he is about this...he's very good at masking it. Mickey not being able to move on her own, go to the bathroom on her own, her waking up in the middle of the night crying in pain and Hunter having to sleep next to her to comfort her, you've no idea just how much seeing her in this helpless state is killing my husband. It's breaking his heart as well as mine. And the best person to get revenge on Brock Lesnar, is Mickey's uncle. Let him destroy Brock first, then I'll let you do it again....for fun (smiles)

Me:
Okay, Steph, I understand. And I don't have to go to the arena tonight....I mean, I can stay here and care for Mickey. Work isn't really that important anymore...given the circumstances.

Stephanie:
Are you sure you don't want to come to work (I nod)? Alright, I'll tell the caretaker to not come.