Chapter Thirty-Three- Support

I run to Nick's room before the tears start to fall and tell him what happened. He motions for me to sit next to him, so I do and he puts his arm around me. I lean against his chest; sighing.

Nick:

At least you said what you wanted to say, right? You gotta feel better now.

Me:

I guess.

Nick:

You guess. Did standing up to him not do anything? You've been telling me how good it would feel for several days now.

Me:

I thought it would feel good, or make me feel better...I really did. But, it just made me angrier.

Nick:

Maybe now, he won't bother you as much.

Me:

I doubt it...I probably just made it worse. Because now he's gonna go into 'try hard mode' and attempt to win me back by any means necessary. And with us being together all the time-you might be at risk, because he might think we're "a thing."

Nick:

Well, if he bothers you too much, I don't have any regrets about getting in the ring and kicking his ass.

Me:

I know you will.

Nick:

(he lightly grabs the base of my neck and pulls me into him. My arms lock around his mid-section.)

I'll always be here for you, never forget that. You are my best friend, I would take a bullet for you.

Me:

I would too, Nicky. In fact, (I sit up) ♫ "I'd catch a grenade for you, throw my hand on a blade for you, I'd jump in front of a train for you, You know I'd do anything for you, Oh, I would go through all this pain, Take a tombstone straight to my brain, Yes, I would die for you, Nickaaaayyy"♫

Nick rolls his eyes and kisses my forehead.

Nicky:

You're such a freakin' nerd.

Me:

(grinning)

Yeah, I know.

Nicky:

But I love you.

Me:

I love you.

A stagehand comes in.

Stagehand:

Ten minutes, Miss. Michaels. You and your boyfriend need to be in Brock's car for the opening segment.

Me:

Thank you.

He leaves; I hug Nick and go to Brock's car. Brock's already in his car. He sees me, unlocks the car, and I get in the driver's seat. He smiles at me.

Brock:

Hi.

I roll my eyes.

Me:

(curtly)

Hi.

Brock:

You look beautiful.

Me:

I know.

Brock:

Ready?

Me:

Mhm.

Brock:

I love you.

Me:

(under my breath)

Bullshit.

Brock:

Whether you like it or believe it or not, I do love you...and you'll see that sooner or later.

Me:

Whatever. Just remember: Mickey Michaels is your girlfriend....Michelle Hickenbottom isn't. Get that through your head.