Chapter Fourty-Four

Brock catches up to me; grasping my hand. I look back and see Paul carrying the titles.

Brock:

You good?

Me:

I woulda liked to have gotten a few cheap shots in....

Brock:

You know that would have cost me the match, right?

Me:

Yeah, I know.

Brock:

Get one in tomorrow. When he goes out to address the WWE Universe, run in, sock him in the face or gut a few times.

Me:

You think I can get in and out without him getting a hold of me?

Brock:

I've trained you well enough to know what to do if he does. (pauses) Now, let's go back into the hotel, I wanna celebrate my victory.... (winks) with you.

We walk to the limo, and it takes us to the hotel room, we go up to our suite and close and lock the door. We go to the hotel, change and go to a streakhouse just the three of us. As we leave the steakhouse, a reporter comes up to us...wanting to talk to Brock. They begin to interview a slightly intoxicated Brock.

Interviewer:

Brock, how you doin tonight, man? That was a dominating performance, man. I gotta ask-

Paul:

Your lights not on.

Interviewer:

(laughs) Oh-ho! Sorry. It's good it's good, I got it. (flips his light on) Brock, I gotta ask, you ended the Undertaker's undefeated streak, and, uh, you pretty much defeated John Cena for the title, what's left for Brock Lesnar to do?

Brock smirks.

Brock:

Why, this isn't the defining moment of my career, I don't think. I think it's one of those things that, uh, I look at it as I'm just getting started.

Interviewer:

I see you coming out of Morton's. What are you doing to celebrate? (Brock laughs, wrapping his arm around my neck and looking down on me) since you dominated like that?

Paul:

He ate John Cena tonight.

The four of us laugh. Paul hands me the new title and I fling it over my shoulder.

Paul:

For lunch and for dinner.

Brock laughs more.

Brock:

Yeah, you know, for me, it's-it's just getting my fill of red meat, you know? That's what it's all about. We gotta cut this interview short, my girl and I are tired. (to me) right, baby?

Me:

Very.

We get back to the hotel and Brock and I immediately collapse into the bed. He wraps his arms around me as I curl into his chest.

I check my phone real quick, a text from Colby (a.k.a. Seth Rollins) and from Dolph/Nicky.

Colby: Where are you?

Nicky: Hey, I can't find you or Brock, where'dja go?

I text them both back:

to Colby: Brock wanted to 'celebrate' his victory...so we went to the hotel. Text you tomorrow.

To Nicky: Brock wanted to have sex, so I'll message you tomorrow. My hands are gonna be tied and I won't be able to talk....LITERALLY.

Nicky texts me back about 30 seconds after I send the text:

Nicky: Okay, WAYYYY tmi. Ttyl, love you.

I text him back love you to, I'll come to your suite in the morning. I got the extra key you left me.