Chapter Thirty- Forgive and Forget

All of a sudden, there's a knock on my door. I check the peep-hole; it's Brock. I open it just slightly.

Me:

Oh, hey.

Brock:

Where's my girlfriend?

Me:

Sleeping.

Brock:

Well, I want to see her.

He tries to force his way in, but I won't let him.

Brock:

Nick, c'mon....move.

Me:

She doesn't want to see you, Brock.

Brock looks hurt and confused...but most of all, mad.

Brock:

Please, Nick.....just, let me see her.

Me:

She made it very clear she doesn't want to see you.

Brock:

Is she hurt, mad?

Me:

Probably both....but the point is: she asked me to not let you see her, or Randy...and I'm the one the hospital discharged her to...so, I have to have her best interests at heart here. She doesn't want to see you; you're going to have to accept that.

Brock:

But...

Me:

I don't wanna be your enemy here, Brock; I really don't. But I'm not going to ignore her wishes. I am her best friend, after all.

Brock:

I want to say "I'm sorry"....

Me:

She doesn't want to hear it. To be fair, Brock: she did tell you not to make her watch it.

Brock:

(looking down)

Don't remind me, I feel bad enough already.

I hear Mickey groaning.

Mickey:

Nicky?

Me:

(to Brock)

Sorry, man, I gotta go take care of my little sister. I'll text you when she decides she wants to talk to you again.

Without giving Brock any time to respond, I shut the door and go to tend to my best friend. I sit by her as she wakes up.

Me:

How you feelin', kid?

Mickey:

A little weak.

Me:

That's probably because you had a seizure. Doc said you'd be a little weak for a day. You want something to eat, I can call room service.

Mickey:

Who was at the door?

Me:

Brock.

Mickey: