Chapter Thirty-Eight

==Brock's Point of View==

With everyone in the waiting room mumbling and whispering about Mickey, it was hard to think straight. I was nervously bouncing my legs when Paul put a hand on my shoulder, "She's gonna be fine, Brock...I know it." He assures me, "what if she's still mad at me though?" I question, "John Cena just completely dislocated her jaw...do you really think she would refuse to see her boyfriend?" he responds. I shake my head, "she dumped me while we were at the arena." I retort, "I'm sure she said that out of anger and hurt." Paul stated. Then, Hunter came through the E.R. doors and motioned for me to follow him. We walked down the long, white, noisy hospital hallways.

Hunter:

She can't talk. Just letting you know.

Me:

Why?

Hunter:

Her jaw is wired shut.

Me:

Does she want to see me?

Hunter:

Yes, she actually for a change does. Just remember, don't get her too excited or too frustrated, she cannot talk except by a text-to-speech app on her phone, and I think she's in a more forgiving mood now. (we get to the room and I see Nick leaning against the wall. Hunter pats me on the back.) Have fun.

I nod at Nick, and walk in. Mickey sees me when I walk in, and gives me a small smile.

Me:

H-hey, girl.

Michelle (through the text-to-speech app):

Hey Brock.

Me:

I'm sorry, Mickey. I'm so SO sorry. I love you so much, and, I just....I want my best friend back. Please forgive my stupidity.

Mickey grabs my hand kissing it. She starts typing on her phone. I wait.

Michelle (through the text-to-speech app):

Brock, honey, I love you...I will always love you. And I've done some thinking, and...I forgive you.

I lean into kissing her, but she stops me.

Michelle (through the text-to-speech app):

I have my jaw wired shut, babe. No kissing.

Me:

Sorry.