The Mock Carpenter

Communication was never one of Samuel's strong suits. Perhaps if he had been afforded a different life he would have been prolific in the area, however the life he had been afforded left him a minimalist. He said what needed to be said and nothing more. He wasn't flowery with his words, nor were they ever laced with fluff. He was a man who was abrupt and blunt. Generally, when he spoke, he got his point across in as few words as possible.

He also was not a braggart. He didn't boast about his successes or accomplishments, or speak grandly about himself to boost his image. Samuel was the truest version of what you see is what you get.

These two traits of his, sometimes proved to be a hinderance for him, and those sometimes were always in relation to his mate. Samuel was a problem solver, he was very methodical in his actions, however his own problems he could rarely solve. He would falter and stumble through them and take the hard way, not at all by choice, but due to the fact he was traveling through the unknown.

Had he had the mindset of being more open and sharing, he would have informed Scarlett of his positive steps towards modifying the treatment of the females within the pack. If he had the actual capability of informing her, then their discord would have been over and she would once again reward him with her love and affection. However, this was something Samuel would never even consider.

What he did consider was that the matter had been handled. It was over and done. His two small actions were a very clear statement for all eyes and ears to know how to move going forward. Everyone except for Scarlett.

Scarlett herself was stumbling around blind in the realm of communication with Samuel. She was incredibly perceptive when it came to his facial features and keyed in to signs and features which would reveal his overall heath, but she was left in the dark of everything he felt no need to say. So while he did in fact begin to address the matter she was arguing against him so passionately about, she was none the wiser and held onto her bitter.

Upon the retirement of his daily duties, Samuel followed the same trail as part of his routine with the singular rose in hand. His skin and some portions of his clothes were still spattered and smeared with bits and splotches of blood from the earlier event in the garden, but it was nothing a little hydrogen peroxide and a good shower couldn't handle. His usual stoic face and matching blue eyes took on the scene at the trails end of his mates guard standing idly at the front of the wooded clearing with a bored expression as he leaned idly against the bottom of a tree with a foot propped back and his arms crossed over his chest.

Scarlett was around, he could smell that alluring scent of hers, but she wasn't visible at the moment. As soon as Luke took in the fact that the alpha had arrived in at his days end, he pushed his foot from the tree and straightened his lazy posture into a rigid one while giving him a nod of acknowledgement. Before Luke could verbally address him, or Samuel could even question him on her whereabouts, a squeaking rattling sound came from above the branches of the tree where a rotting manmade wooden structure sat. The next few sounds were of aluminum clinking and the shuffling of plastic before a large trash bag was thrown from its height and onto the woods floor only following a muted grunt from Scarlett's chest.

It was completely unnecessary but Luke provided an upward pointer finger, showing that the alphas mate was up in the dilapidated tree house the tree harbored. "I couldn't stop her." The guard said with a slight shake of his head. "We've been here for a few hours. She wants lumber to repair it."

Samuels blue eyes stared intently back at Luke's for a moment before they glided back over to the trash bag they had watched descend from the houses depths. For another minute longer they rested on the black plastic before only giving a flickering upwards glance to the sounds still emanating from the rickety structure showing she was moving about in there on some sort of mission. "Get the lumber." Samuel said dismissively as he made slow tired steps towards the bag. "Now." His voice becoming more deep indicating without saying that he not only expected it to be gathered but that he also expected the repairs to be done. "Before she hurts herself."