Caleb

Samuel was reluctant to leave her, it was the worst absolute timing as he had made real headway with her. However, just as much as he was pulled to her, he was just equally pulled to the courtyard. It was a beautiful day, the sun was out and the birds were chirping, and the alphas mood was more than pleasant. Were he an emotional man, he would have been grinning from ear to ear, instead he wore a small smile that could easily be confused with a smirk.

He quickly followed the scolding tone of the elderly Ms.Claire, who sounded as if she had just enough of whatever antics she had been trying to quell. She pulling out the big guns on her target with her deep warning tone "Caleb Immanuel Jacobsen! If you do not stop!" A firm finger pointed as she proceeded to give the five year old her idle threat.

"What's going on here?" Samuel asked as he rounded the last corner and saw the exasperated relief in the woman's face at his appearance, as the little blonde haired boy froze in his tracks and gave him a huge grin before excitedly shouting.

"Dad!" He ran over to him as fast as his small legs would carry him and wrapped his arms around Samuels waist.

"Are you giving Ms.Claire trouble?" Samuel bent over and scooped up his son in his big arms and wrapped his legs around his own hips as he looked intently to his own blue eyes on his little face.

"No!" He chirped back.

"He lies." She huffed out, as she gave the young boy a motherly frustrated side glance. "He has been bouncing off the walls, and will not stop climbing on everything." Going into full tattle mode now that his father was here. "I have been trying for two hours to get through a single multiplication chart."

"Caleb." The alpha said in light scolding, even though he on a regular basis let the child get away with murder.

"It's boring. I want to play." He whined, tipping his head back in frustration as his arms held him up by their wrapping around his fathers neck.

"Math is important. You will be using it a lot one day, when you take all this over." Samuel said back his eyes looking around the courtyard and alluding to the surrounding building, trees and flowers.

"Where were you last night?" Caleb said showing his complete lack of interest in his fathers words.

"I came to see you, but you were already asleep." Samuel said popping a kiss on his forehead before placing him back down.

"You did not!" He accused, looking at him with skeptical eyes.

"I did so." He argued back with him.

"Yes, he did Caleb, and he came to see you in the most despicable condition. Like a pig in mud." Ms. Claire said with a light laugh.

"But you promised you'd wake me and tell me about the fight!" He said in dejected frustration which sounded like a whine.

"You're right, I did. I'm sorry." Samuel said with a nod, a light guilt formed at breaking his promise due to his own distraction. "However, I had to settle some matters and it would have been very late."

"So did you win?" Caleb quickly forgiving his fathers transgression.

"What do you think?" He questioned back with folded arms and his head tilting as he waited for his son to derive the obvious answer.

"Yes!" He said after a moments pause.

"Of course." A closed lip smile that reached all the way to his eyes formed on his face.

"So, what did we get?" The boy asked energetically.

"We got some new help for the land and our home. Along with some money from the spoils." Samuel said with a shrug, keeping his words careful as Caleb was too young to understand the gravity of what took place and the results of it.