Anxiety

Scarlett took a little longer to return to Samuel than expected, as the kids immediately barraged her with questions on whether or not the Alpha would be coming back for a visit. Mason was energetically gloating about how he stared down the Alpha and Kaitlyn and Molly were trying to get her to confirm whether or not he actually had a mate. The rest of the kids were remarking about how strong he looked and how tall he was, all of them equally finding him very cool

When she finally had a chance to settle them down, she made no promises of him returning, as for her, the experience was entirely nerve wracking. She regained control of the classroom slowly, little by little. Having to quell Mason with a kiss on his cheek while affirming that she was most definitely his mate, and engaging the older girls in a hushed conversation, where she promised to put in a good word for them with the Alpha if they behaved for the rest of the day. The younger kids were more easily distracted and quickly transitioned in eager to arts and crafts.

When she finally came back out into the lobby, Samuel was found in a lazy lean on a chair flipping in boredom through a parenting magazine, with nothing better to do. She was tempted to laugh at the sight of him with that specific magazine, because he couldn't look more out of place, but she still wanted to be annoyed with him so she fought back the urge.

"What a mess I made." Samuel said dryly, as he flipped the magazine closed and haplessly discarded it back onto the coffee table.

"Well, you could have." She said back with hands on her hips, his blue eyes staring at hers as a slight tug of a smirk rose to one side of his lips.

"You're jealous." He said with a nod, as he slowly rose from his chair, extending his hand for her to take so they could be off.

"I am not." She said back quickly, walking over to him and gripping his hand tensely, her jaw clenching at his accusation.

"Yes, you are. I'm considered cooler than you, and you can't stand the thought of that." A slight smugness coming out in his tone as he lead her out of the center.

"I wasn't the one threatening to challenge a seven year old." Her words coming out rapid fire with a sharpness added for flair.

"He enjoyed it." Samuel said with a shrug. "I will be his new favorite now, which you will not enjoy." He said with a light chuckle.

"Impossible. I'm his mate, I will always be his favorite." She replied with an air as if she was unaffected by his words, but did recognize that she was in fact a little jealous with how much the kids enjoyed him.

"Ah, I see. It makes sense, he's more on your maturity level." Samuel said with a nod, earning a glare from her and a light slap to his bicep to which he afforded her a grin.

"And what does that say about you being afforded a mate eight years your junior?" She questioned heavily with narrowed brows.

"It was you,who has been afforded me. Clearly, it was determined you needed direction, and that I was the only one with the patience and who was capable of providing it." Samuel replied easily to her challenging question, returning to his grin as he finished his last word.

"You know, Sam. So far, I'm having a really good day." She said as if she was collecting all the events together and had calculated her level of satisfaction.

"I'm glad to hear it, Scarlett." He said with a nod.

"Don't ruin it." Her deep tone came back as she gave him a flickering side glance of light irritation.