One Upping

Samuel made his way through the wooded path with the singular rose, stripped of its thorns, lamely held in his hand. He made it in time for the children's recess, and Scarlett was quick to pick up his scent, despite her energetic chasing of the children. She was also quick to say her goodbyes to the children, before she took off in a sprint down the hill, he was slowly walking up. Her mood was bright and bubbly evidenced by how she pounced on him, as soon as she drew near. Her arms locking around his neck and her legs snuggly wrapping around his hips, as she smothered him with the obnoxious affection he had grown fond of.

His stance did not falter, as he prepared for her landing, quickly determining what she was going to do by her accelerated pace. A strong arm was quick to provide support under her butt as his other wrapped around her back and held her tightly in place, the petals of the rose tickling the skin of her neck as he kept his lips locked with hers. He immensely enjoyed when she greeted or treated him like this, her behavior and desire to do so, encouraged by the warming sensations she felt radiating off of him in response to it. She knew he liked it, and just like he worked to make modifications for her benefit, she adjusted her own actions for his benefit.

"To what do I owe this?" His deep voice purred out to her, when he pulled his lips from hers, affording her his smirking smile and darkened blue eyes.

"I missed you." She said planting her forehead against his with a warm smile. "And it's just been a really good day."

"Let me make it better." Samuel said, pulling the arm from behind her back and shifting the red rose in between them, his smirking smile turning into a grin as she gasped with widened eyes.

"Samuel!" She said in disbelief, as she unwrapped an arm from his neck and took the rose into her free hand, guiding the petals towards her nose, where she smelled its gentle fragrance. Her cheeks flushed and her eyes fluttered, her tone coming out in a playful teasing. "Are you trying to be romantic?"

"I have been afflicted." He said with a nod. "I find myself deeply affected by your distracting ways."

"And you have a sense of humor today!" She said with a dropped jaw in excited surprise. "You're batting for a home run, Sam." She said removing her other arm from his neck to playfully slap the front of his shoulder.

"The Home run comes when we get back to my quarters." His hand dropping down and around her to tweak at her butt.

"There you go, ruining it." She said with a head shake. "Not everything is about sex, Sam." Her tone coming out heavy, as she narrowed her brows.

"It is." He said maintaining his grin as he nodded, slowly guiding her body down his frame, where he quickly grabbed her hand to begin their walk back.

"Thank you for the flower, Samuel." She said giving the rose another sniff, her hand squeezing at their laced fingers.

"I'll bring you a flower everyday, if you continue to greet me in that manner." He said squeezing her hand back, his grip tenser but not hurtful.

"Well you're going to make the florist very happy then." She said nuzzling her head into his bicep, wanting to encourage his gentle moments entirely, as she immensely enjoyed them.

"No, I'll just handpick one from the pack houses new garden." He said back, with a nod. He suddenly realized how much he loved the idea of the garden. She would appreciate him scouring the flowers and finding the perfect one to bring her each day. Jonah was making it incredibly easy for the Alpha to adopt softer practices, that he could utilize with his mate.

"The pack houses new garden?" She questioned, her brown eyes honing into his face immediately at his words, her reaction and how intensely fixated she became on his face, surprising Samuel a little.