Bed of Roses

I walked through to the kitchen after freshening up, and I spot a note on the kitchen unit.

'Come to the bottom of the gardens'

Ah, Jin?

I hope he's not been waiting too long.

I make my way out and the sun is shining, which instantly makes me feel better.

As I walk down, I spot a spread in the distance. 

I near it and see an array of snacks on the blanket, from tanghulu, cream cakes and onigiri. Jin is so precious.

 Jin is so precious

"Hi beautiful." He beams, proud of the spread he has prepared for us.

" He beams, proud of the spread he has prepared for us

"You are adorable." I smile back at him, then kneeling down onto the blanket near him to give him a kiss on the cheek.

"I thought I'd prepare something sweet and romantic for you, as that seems to be missing from your daily life." He speaks sincerely, then places his hand on my thigh.

He's not wrong.

The men in my life and the relationships I have with them are very.. direct. There's not much, if any fluff with them, so Jin is sweet to consider that side of my feelings. Who doesn't love mushy stuff.

"Here." He moves slightly to grab a tanghulu, prompting me to open my mouth.

I take a bite of a caramelised strawberry, pulling it off the stick.

Jin watched me as I crunched the hardened sugar, and he broke out into a smile as the strawberry was just slightly too big to comfortably eat in one go without choking.

It was a rare moment of innocence and he couldn't help but giggle at my facial expressions as I ate the fruit.

"Careful, now." He teases, poking my plump cheek.

"Tell me, what's going on in the world of Y/N.. I don't see you much, but you seem different every time I do see you. Like a piece of you has broken away, but then suddenly a new piece reappears..