Parting Gift

My body was frozen in fear.

I stumbled back slightly and JK caught me, trying to process himself why Yako had the dress.

"It doesn't make sense." I whine at JK.

"Where were you taken?" He quizzes to try piece together what happened.

"JK, I have no fucking idea. I don't know any of these people. All I know is it was in the same neighborhood as Tommys Place. I didn't recognise any of the faces at all, as all I can go by are old customers from work. I have no reason to have met them before.." I argue, getting worked up.

"You definitely haven't met Yako before, no?" He whispered back, questioning me again.

"No, I have never seen him before."

The door then went again and Yako appears, with Hyunjin trailing behind him.

I try to compose myself, but it wasn't very convincing.

"Ah! Y/N. Yes, I'm glad you already took the liberty of opening the gift."

"Gift?" I retort. "Is this some sort of joke?" I hiss back.

JK nudges me to stop talking.

"Why do you have this?" I quiz, walking up to him.

"Ooh, still quite feisty, I see." He sneered.

I frowned back at him.

"You.. You were there.. Weren't you?." I uttered as it began to make sense.

"Very good. You've got a brain up there." He smirked back.

"I was, but not in the way you think.
I just happened to be watching the show.

Yoongi did well to fight those men. What was it, 6 on one? It was quite the entertainment." He chuckles to himself.

Hyunjin saw red and tried lunging at Yako, but his guards held him off.

"Now, now, Hyunjin. I'm not the bad guy. Meerly a ticket holder." Yako quips, then inching closer to me.

"What? Like it was some sick show? Letting those men attack me like that?" I spit back.

"Sometimes, there's only one way to test peoples strengths and weaknesses.." Yako explains with a shrug.

"Test?" I scoff back.

"You've made quite the mark on the industry already, Y/N. I'm not sure how, but there's a lot of interest in you.. Now more so since your fellow Bangtan..Boys.. Took down the head of YG.." Yako enunciated to make a dig at 'The Kids', causing Hyunjin to shrug off the guards in response.

"As discussed with JK.. We will continue supplying, but if we get anymore trouble, let's just say I will get my due compensation."

I looked over to JK.

He smiled wearily, then nodded to Yako.

I begin walking away, but Yako takes my wrist to stop me, then pulling me close to him.

"Here. Think of it as a ..Memento.." He exhaled. I felt his breath on me. It was suffocating.

I take the box from his hands and then walk off and out the door.

I was like a steam train. I didn't once look back as I left that building.

As soon as I got to the car, the small boot clicked open, courtesy of Hyunjin who wasn't far away.

I struggled to squeeze the box in the awkward sized boot, and the struggle alone was setting off my tears.

Hyunjin rushed over and helped squish it in.