102 - How could you love such a disaster?

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 102 (3x08)
Word Count: 1720

Cassidy was biting her nails anxiously, sat on Klaus' bed beside him. She'd only been back in New Orleans for a few days, and in those few days, Cassidy's pregnancy hormones had gone through the roof. She was very snappy, but most of all, her care for her loved ones had quadrupled, if possible. Not only had she discovered that Aurora had kidnapped Rebekah, daggered her, and sent her to sleep in a box in the bottom of the ocean. But she had also kidnapped Cami... Cassidy was out for blood. Aurora's blood, to be exact.

"I'm going after her." Cassidy growled, jumping to her feet. Klaus followed immediately after, trying to reach for his wife's hand.

"Love, if you just--"

"Don't!" Cassidy snapped, ripping her hand out of his. "Aurora tried to kill me and my babies, and now she has taken my best friend. This isn't petty revenge anymore, Nik. This is war!"

"But love, Aurora has taken Camille because she is upset that I have her beloved brother, and Aurora would have tried to take you if you had not been out of town. Don't you see it? Aurora has only taken Camille instead as leverage because she knows that she means something to you. She knows that you'll come after her, and she'll only try to kill you again and again until eventually, she'll succeed. I will not let that happen. You can't go."

"Oh, really? Then what am I supposed to do? Just let Cam die because I'm a scared little brat who can't fight my own battles? Because that's who you're making me out to be, Nik, and that's not me." Cassidy stated. "Taking Cam will be the last mistake that Aurora ever makes." The heretic would definitely blame her murderous tendencies and her desire to shout at Klaus on the pregnancy hormones later, but in that moment, all she cared about was saving Cami from the sociopath under the name of Aurora de Martel. The full-time failing husband stealer.

"I'm coming with you." Klaus announced, and interrupted Cassidy when he saw that she was about to protest. "I'm not taking no for an answer this time. I'm coming, or you're not going."

"You're hot when you're controlling." Cassidy found herself muttering. Again, she'd later blame her words on her pregnancy hormones and she span around and exited the room. Klaus smirked at her words before following after his mate.

---

After stopping by Cami's home to do a locator spell, Cassidy knew exactly where they were... she and Klaus headed to St Anne's Church, Cassidy's anger intensifying by the second. When they burst through the doors, the sound echoing off of the walls, Cassidy immediately spotted Aurora and Cami, who both looked over at Cassidy and Klaus upon their entrance.

At the sight of Klaus, Aurora was practically drooling, staring at him dreamily. But she smirked when she spotted a concerned-looking Cassidy stood there, her eyes trained on Cami. Deciding that it was the perfect time for her revenge, Aurora pushed Cami backward against the cage with one hand so she couldn't. Cassidy's heart leapt in worry at the thought that if Aurora so much as tightened her grip on Cami, she could crush the human's bones.

"Stop this game." Klaus growled after spotting how stunned speechless Cassidy seemed.

"This is not a game, Nik! This is an intervention. We're finally together after so long apart, all the world before us, if we can just dodge a few minor obstacles. Like this nuisance of a prophecy, my brother's internment, the insufferable influence of Elijah... but what I cannot overcome is your affections for someone else." Aurora explained, her eyes flickering to Cassidy as she spoke those last few words. "I've waited far too long to share you now. The only way to have you is to destroy your one true love... and to do that? Go after everything she holds dear." Aurora tightened her grip on Cami slightly. "Perhaps after I'm finished with Camille, I'll pay Caroline a visit down in Mystic Falls."