44 - What did you do to Elena?

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 44 (4x06)
Word Count: 1458

Cassidy and Hayley had gone back for a quick visit to the Lockwood residence to visit one of the hybrids who was a good friend of Dean's, called Chris. Together, Chris and Hayley drowned their sorrows about Dean over some shots, and Cassidy also drank for the hell of it. Tyler entered the study where they all sat, glancing at Hayley and smirked playfully.

"I thought I finally got your stench out of this place."

"Come on, Ty, you can't get rid of me that easily." Hayley chuckled, downing another shot.

"We're paying our respects to Dean." Chris informed after noticing Tyler looking with judgment at the alcohol.

"That's great, Chris, but could you pay them at a bar instead?" Tyler stated.

"Don't be mad. We're celebrating our fallen hybrid friend." Hayley shrugged, turning to Cassidy beside her and pouring a shot into the siphoner's mouth, and then kissing her straight after to lick up the liquid that had dropped. Tyler wrinkled his nose up at the sight, looking away. It wasn't that he was homophobic, it was just that he'd never seen girl-girl action in person and he was trying his hardest not to get aroused by it.

Klaus then walked into the room. He took one look at Cassidy and Hayley and smirked in amusement, walking over to them.

"Well, don't let me interrupt. Hello, love." The second that Hayley pulled away from Cassidy, Klaus took her place, planting a quick kiss on Cassidy's lips. "Hello to you, too, little wolf." He ruffled Hayley's hair, causing her to glare at him as she walked on smoothing her hair again. Cassidy smiled at the playful interaction between her mates.

"I didn't know you were here." Tyler addressed Klaus.

"Clearly." Klaus took a drink from a bottle of alcohol he'd brought with him. "I just popped round to celebrate Dean's successful retrieval of the vampire hunter. Yet when I arrived, I learnt that not only was Dean unsuccessful, but that Elena killed the hunter."

"Well, maybe if you had let Dean use force on Connor instead of sending him in on a suicide mission." Hayley snapped.

"Maybe you should mind your business." Klaus shot back.

"Behave, you children." Cassidy lightly scolded her mates with a small chuckle at Klaus' childlike response.

"What do you care if Connor's dead anyway?" Tyler asked Klaus, who shrugged in response.

"I have my reasons. They've ceased to matter. Cheers." Klaus raised the bottle of alcohol and took another drink. Cassidy sighed and she glanced at the state that her mates were in: Hayley over her friend Dean's death, and Klaus over the ruin of his plans involving a now-dead Connor.

---

Klaus was sitting at the bar, drinking a glass of red wine. Cassidy walked up to him, shrugging off her jacket and sliding into the seat beside him. Klaus glanced at her.

"Where is Hayley?"

"Gone back home. She's been drinking day and night so I told her to go get some sleep. Bekah's home anyway, too. 'Lijah and Kol are in town." Cassidy stated. Klaus nodded, taking a sip of his wine. "Okay, hand it over." Cassidy snatched the glass, taking a sip before handing it back. Both of them were surprised when Caroline walked up to them, sitting on the other side of Cassidy.

"Caroline?" Cassidy addressed her younger sister. "Hey, did you need something?"

"Yes! I want your stubborn mate to just give Elena back already!" Caroline exclaimed. Cassidy furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, glancing at Klaus, who avoided eye contact with her.