112 - You're going to have to do better than that

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 112 (3x18)
Word Count: 1692

Cassidy was with Freya as they discussed how to stop Lucien, when suddenly, panicked knocking was heard from downstairs. Cassidy and Freya gave each other an alarmed look as they rushed to the courtyard, and Cassidy hurried toward Cami with a worried expression.

"Cam, what's wrong?"

"It's Klaus." Cami informed. "Lucien has him."

"Come in, you're invited." Freya told, just as Elijah approached the three girls after hearing the noise. Cami crossed the threshold with no problems and rushes toward Cassidy, who took a look outside to make sure no one else was coming before  they all headed to the courtyard.

"Tell us what happened." Elijah sighed.

"Lucien ambushed him. He knocked him around like it was nothing." Cami spoke in shock. Cassidy's heart spiked with worry.

"Did he bite him...?"

"No." Cami shook her head. "I think he wanted him alive. I followed them. Lucien took Klaus back to the penthouse."

Just then, Elijah's phone buzzed, and he scowled when he saw that he had received a text from Lucien.

"Lucien is demanding my presence at the Whiskey Cask, alone and immediately. He says if I delay, Niklaus will die."

They all looked anxious and overwhelmed as Elijah turned and walked toward the door.

---

Cami, Cassidy, and Hayley were all walking determinedly down the street toward Lucien's apartment while they discussed their game plan.

"Here's the problem." Cami piped up first. "I haven't been invited into Lucien's penthouse."

"So, you can wave your dark objects in the foyer, and Cassidy and I'll do all the dirty work." Hayley shrugged. Cami looked concerned as she stopped walking, and when Cassidy realized, she stopped and turned back to face her.

"Are you sure you're up for this? If you feel as if you can't, Hales and I can cover it on our own."

"It's not that, it's just..." Cami frowned. "What if I'm a liability? I've been training, so I can punch a bag, but in a real fight?"

"Cam, here's the thing about being afraid... if you have to do the thing you're afraid of, then all this fear is for nothing. Either turn it into anger, or leave it at the door. But, either way, you control your emotions, which means you're already one step ahead of Aurora." Cassidy explained with an encouraging smile. Cami nodded, knowing that Cassidy was right, but when she saw a sign behind Hayley that read, 'Brennan's Pharmacy Prescriptions', she got a dawning realization that brought a smile to her face.

"Hey, I have an idea..."

---

Aurora ripped the stake out of Klaus' throat, causing him to groan in pain.

"That's it? Nothing more to say? No more taunts tripping from your tongue? Well, then, I suppose it's time I finish this." Aurora took the stake and aimed it at her heart.

"What are you doing?" Klaus asked, wincing slightly in pain.

"I'm gonna drive this into my heart, die, and be reborn. And then, with the aid of my new-found power... I'm going to silence you permanently." But before Aurora could make a move, the elevator dinged in the lobby, forcing Aurora to go and investigate. "Well, it appears we have company." Aurora opened the double doors and was both surprised and pleased to see Cassidy standing there waiting for her. "Ooh, it's the boyfriend-stealing witch. Have you come to have a go at me?"