62 - Thanks for the concern

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 62 (1x12)
Word Count: 1833

A/N: If you guys haven't already noticed, I'm trying to slowly make Cassidy and Sophie's new friendship have the same progress as Cassidy's and Elena's: Enemies to friends, but this time, hopefully Cassidy and Sophie will stay friends.

---

Klaus was hosting a meeting with Marcel and the daywalkers in the compound when Diego decided to speak up half-way through.

"Shouldn't your girl be joining us? She loves these meetings."

"It is flattering that you seem to know so much about 'my girl', Diego, but she is having a day off." Klaus informed. "She is grieving over the loss of Davina who happened to be another one of her mates, and Cassidy must be left alone today. Do you guys understand?"

"So, is there another pregnant blonde we should know about?" Diego asked, gesturing to Cassidy, who was walking towards them. Klaus turned to her, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Hey, guys! Sorry I'm late, I didn't want to leave the shower." Cassidy grinned. Klaus and Marcel exchanged a quick concerned look before Marcel slowly approached Cassidy, taking her hand in his.

"You don't have to pretend to be brave for us, angel. We're all mourning."

"Mourning? Who died?" Cassidy questioned in worry, genuine worry that confused Marcel further.

"Um, Davina did."

"Well, I'm sorry for your loss, Marcel." Cassidy kissed Marcel's cheek, sending him a sympathetic glance. "It would have been nice to meet her. She must have been lovely."

Another concerned look exchanged between Klaus and Marcel. Something was off.

---

"You did what?!" Klaus advanced towards an apologetic Sophie who was in a rush to defend herself, holding her hands up in surrender.

"She wanted the pain to go away, I had no other choice!"

"No choice?" Rebekah frowned from where she sat in one of the armchairs. "You should have comforted her like a normal person! Held her, reassured her... not erase any memories of bloody Davina from Cassidy's mind!"

"I'm sorry, okay? I realise that it was a mistake now, but don't you think it was for the best?" Sophie shrugged slowly.

"Elaborate." Elijah demanded, trying his best to keep his calm as he stood behind Rebekah's armchair.

"Cassidy was spiraling. She'd lost too much. As much as I hate her, I think everyone missed her smile. So... I brought it back." Sophie stated quietly. It was quiet for a moment, until Klaus scowled and stormed forward again.

"You should have never interfered, witch--"

"Klaus, stop." Hayley rushed to stand in front of him. "Maybe what Sophie did was a good thing."

"How was it a good thing for Cassidy to forget about her mate?!" Klaus exclaimed, only ever wanting what was best for Cassidy.

"Hayley's right, Sophie was just trying to help." Marcel chimed in from where he stood by the liquor table, pouring himself drink after drink. His own grieving mechanism. "But is there anyway to get Cassidy to remember?"

"The spell is set in stone... unless Cassidy looks into the eyes of a very alive Davina, like she did when they first met." Sophie told. The others in the room all sighed in defeat, now realizing that Cassidy was never going to remember her beautiful memories with Davina Claire ever again.