79 - I'm still your mate

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 79 (2x07)
Word Count: 517

Cassidy softly traced circles over her baby bump, laying on her bed as she spoke to her unborn child number three.

"Daddy and I can't wait to meet you." Moments later, her phone rang. She picked it up to see that Rebekah was trying to face time her, so she smiled and answered, revealing Rebekah in her phone screen, Hope balancing on her arm and Leo babbling in her lap. Rebekah smiled.

"Hey, gorgeous. These munchkins were clearly missing their mommy since they started fighting over the teddy that you sent over."

"Aw, I miss them, too. Don't you miss me, Bekah?"

"Every single day. But then I got a surprising little announcement through my voicemail when I took the little ones to the park. Something about a pregnancy, and I was like, 'no, my Cassidy would tell me in person, right?'"

"Wrong. You know I wish I could have told you in person."

"Yeah, yeah. So, it's Elijah's?!"

"Yep! We're both very happy! And we can only hear one heartbeat so at least I won't have to handle two more troublemakers."

"True." Rebekah laughed through the phone, positioning Leo — who was munching on some soft crisps — more comfortably on her lap while Hope was starting to fall asleep in Rebekah's arms.

Someone then barged into Cassidy's bedroom, and the pregnant heretic looked up to see Kaleb/Kol stood there, smirking.

"Ah! Do I hear the delightful voice of my dear sister?"

"Who was that? Did they just say 'sister'? It didn't sound like Nik or Elijah."

"It's not. It's no body, ignore him. I have to go, Bekah, but I'll call you later! Bye, munchkins. Lots of love." Cassidy blew a kiss to her phone screen before hanging up. Placing her phone down beside her on the bed, she glared over at Kaleb/Kol.

"Can you just stop?"

"Stop what, darling?" Kaleb/Kol taunted with a smirk. Cassidy rolled her eyes.

"Don't call me that, not while you look like someone who is not my mate, Kaleb, or Kol. I don't even know what to call you!"

"Kol. I am still Kol, baby! I'm still your mate. Since the first time I met you, I was always Kol." Kaleb/Kol sighed, his expression softening. Suddenly, he started to groan in pain and fell to his knees. Cassidy quickly stood up from her bed, hurrying over to her 'mate's other body' to find that there were symbols burned/carved into the skin of his forearm... there were Norse runes that spelt his name, and a triskelion.

"What's happening?"

"That's Mother Dearest, calling me home." Kaleb/Kol informed with a grunt of pain.

"Bloody Esther." Cassidy rolled her eyes again. "She lets me save one of my mates, and then never lets me have a second alone with another."

"I'll be back." Kaleb/Kol kissed Cassidy's forehead. "We'll have a proper talk soon, I promise." He then turned and walked out.

---

A/N: I know that this one is short, but they will get longer, I promise!
-L xx