116 - They deserve what they're going to get

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 116 (3x22)
Word Count: 2346

Klaus, Cassidy, Kol and Elijah were sat in the living room when they heard a struggle upstairs, so they ran to the gate. A vampire crowd showed up, and Marcel entered the compound, leading them all.

"Never thought it would come to this. But as always, The Mikaelsons made my choice for me."

"Marcel, please think about--"

"Angel, please don't make this harder than it has to be." Marcel sighed. "But it does have to be this way. Mate against mate." He gestured to the vampires behind him. "These guys, Klaus' sirelings, they're here to bear witness today."

"Are you planning to put on a little show, Marcellus?" Kol chimed in calmly.

"Damned sure I am. The Fall of The Mikaelsons." Marcel laughed. "And guess what, the show has already started."

Cassidy approached her mate cautiously.

"Marcel, I know you're hurt. I loved Cam, too. And it would break her heart to see you like this."

"Don't do that, Cassidy." Marcel responded, not wanting his love for his mate to get in the way of what he went there to do. "I won't hurt you, ever... but I can sure hurt them."

"Like hell." Kol growled, beginning a fight that Cassidy wasn't sure would ever truly end unless at the expense of one of her mates, and she wouldn't let that happen. The crowd yelled shouts of encouragement as Cassidy witnessed Marcel bite Kol.

"NO!" She cried out, knowing the inevitable end of getting bitten by an upgraded vampire. Marcel snapped Kol's neck and tossed him away. "NO, STOP IT!"

Marcel did hesitate for a split second, guilt washing over him as he listened to Cassidy's desperate cries, but that guilt vanished the second that he remembered all that the Mikaelsons had taken from him, going after Elijah next.

Elijah threw a punch at Marcel with vamp-speed, but Marcel appeared to side step the attack. Klaus jumped into the fight with a right hook, only for Macel to duck and grab his hand. Marcel then turned to face Elijah in time to kick him away before he could land a punch. The momentary distraction allowed Klaus to land a couple of blows. Marcel answered back with a powerful punch, that sent the original hybrid flying into the wall behind him. Elijah took over... but Marcel bit Elijah's arm.

Cassidy was literally watching her entire world fall to pieces around her. She couldn't just sit back and watch as Marcel eliminated everyone that Cassidy held dear.

"MARCEL!" Cassidy's voice echoed off the walls. Everyone seemed to freeze, turning towards her. There, they saw Cassidy stood with her hand raised towards Marcel. "Don't make me hurt you, Marcel, please... I really don't want to hurt you."

"Angel..." Marcel took a step closer to Cassidy. "After everything that the Mikaelsons have taken from me, from you, from so many others... you're still going to side with them?"

"They're my family, Marcel." Cassidy was beginning to tear up, her hand still outstretched in front of her, ready to use her magic at any moment.

"So am I!" Marcel shouted. "Well, I was! Wasn't I? Or was I just a lonely little orphan vampire to you, too? Someone you took pity on when my name appeared on your wrist?"

"You know that's not true." Cassidy whispered. "You know I love you, so much! But hurting the rest of my mates? Causing me so much pain just by watching it all happen? Marcel, you're going way too far."

"Angel." Marcel let out a small chuckle. "If I don't kill them all now, they're just going to ruin more lives. They've already destroyed yours! When I met you, you were so full of life... I'd never seen such a ray of sunshine before. But the longer that you have stayed attached to the Mikaelsons, I've watched that light in your eyes fade more and more, and it was tearing me apart to see how much the Mikaelsons have screwed your life up. Angel, I'm doing both of us a favor." Marcel went to return to the fight with Klaus and Elijah.