5 - Only for you

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 5 (2x11)
Word Count: 2157

Tap. Tap.

Cassidy looked around in confusion, ignoring the noise in the end and going back to her book.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Deducing that the noise was coming from the window, Cassidy stood up and walked over to it with an annoyed huff. As soon as she swung it open, she was met with the calm and extremely handsome face of her first mate.

"Elijah?"

"Stand back." Elijah instructed before using his vampire strength and speed to push off so hard from the ground that he was able to reach Cassidy's window on the second floor, entering her room. The siphoner stepped back in shock and rushed to close her bedroom door, locking it.

"Are you crazy?! It's 1:00am, my mom is home! She's the Sheriff, she will shoot you dead!"

"I would very much enjoy seeing her try." Elijah smirked smugly, but at the unimpressed look Cassidy sent his way, he let out a sigh and sat on his bed, gesturing for Cassidy to sit beside him, which she did. "I wanted to apologize."

"You have already done that and I've already told you--"

"That I need to go big or go home. I understand that." Elijah nodded. "So, why don't you get dressed and meet me outside once you're done?"

"Elijah, I can't go anywhere. It's 1:00 and my mom--"

"You're mom leaves for work at exactly 7:00am and wakes up at 5:30am on weekdays. She comes in to check on you at 6:45am before she leaves, but if you keep the door locked, I have made sure that she will take that as an answer and leave. Your sister, on the other end, is like you. She doesn't go to bed until ridiculous hours into the early morning and is probably awake right now, but I've had a witch silence her room and yours so she can't hear our conversation or anything outside of her room." Elijah finished explaining. Cassidy stared at him with wide-eyes.

"You have really put a lot of thought into this, haven't you?"

"Only for you." Elijah smiled at his mate lovingly, reaching forward to place his hand on top of hers. Cassidy stared down at their hands, conflicted on whether to stay home and get some sleep or go to wherever Elijah wanted to take her. In the end, she sighed in defeat.

"Fine, okay. I'll get dressed and meet you outside."

Elijah grinned triumphantly.

---

Cassidy was a stumbling mess, her hands gripping Elijah's arms as she tried to see through her blindfold but was unsuccessful. She could hear Elijah's amused chuckles beside her as he took her hands, helping to guide her to wherever they were going. It wasn't until a good few minutes later where Cassidy could no longer feel the grass beneath her feet. Instead, the ground was smooth and soft.

"Here we are..." Elijah pulled her blindfold off and smiled at her, watching Cassidy stare at the place in awe, not knowing that Elijah was capable of being such a romantic.

He'd laid out blankets on the ground and pillows, as well as a bottle of wine and a few things to eat like strawberries, grapes, sandwiches, melted chocolate, and more. Cassidy eyed the bottle of wine.

"Really? Wine at 1am?"

"Come on, it's a date! Wine is a necessity." Elijah responded jokingly. "Why? Do you not like it?"

"What? How could you even ask that? No guy has ever went out of their way like this for me before." Cassidy turned to Elijah and smiled widely. "Thank you so much!"