119 - Who is this little cutie?

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 119 (4x03)
Word Count: 1236

The next morning arrived, and after Katherine and the others had left with their kids, and Cassidy had instructed her mates to wait outside so that some of them wouldn't spook the kids since they were strangers, the heretic went to wake up her children, making toast for them all.

Once the children were all fed, Cassidy led them outside. Immediately, everyone froze. Klaus stared at Hope and Leo in shock.

"Hello..." Hope murmured nervously after noticing Klaus' eyes on her and her twin brother.

"H-hello..." Klaus responded, equally as nervous.

"Who is this guy and why is he speaking to my sister?" Leo scoffed. He may only be seven years old, but he was extremely protective over all five of his sisters.

"Leo, be nice." Cassidy softly scolded.

"I like him, he seems nice..." Hope whispered quietly to Leo, but Klaus still heard and smiled. Hope noticed Klaus smile and returned the smile awkwardly.

"Mom, can Hope and I play in the garden?" Leo asked. He had always been Hope's favorite person, and now he was worried that Klaus might take his place.

"Yeah. Sure, honey." Cassidy responded. Leo grinned and grabbed Hope's hand, the two of them giggling as they charged down the stairs towards the garden. Klaus stared after them sadly. Cassidy walked closer to her husband. "Go after them, Nik. This is the perfect time to bond."

Klaus nodded determinedly, kissing Cassidy's cheek before heading down the stairs to talk to Hope and Leo. Cassidy turned back around when she heard a startled gasp, almost bursting out in laughter when she saw Elijah, tense and frozen in shock, with Alexandria's arms around his legs, hugging him tightly.

"What do I do?" Elijah mouthed to Cassidy awkwardly, who chuckled.

"You hug her back." Cassidy mouthed back, but before Elijah could hug his six year old daughter back, Alexandria pulled away and grinned up at Elijah.

"It's you, isn't it? The man in mommy's stories. You're my daddy."

"Yes, I am." Elijah responded, his tone slightly awkward, but his awkwardness soon faded into adoration when he saw Alexandria's wide smile, her blue eyes staring up at him in curiosity. Alexandria then span around to face Cassidy.

"Mommy, do you think my new daddy can tell me his own stories?"

"Of course, if daddy wants to." Cassidy smiled softly. "Why don't you two head into the living room for story time?"

"Okay!" Alexandria grabbed Elijah's hand, practically dragging her father into the house. Cassidy turned to see that Kol was already talking to Clara and Julia.

"Hey, girls..."

"Mommy says we're not allowed to talk to strangers..." Clara muttered, the five year old looking down nervously.

"Stranger?" Kol frowned, a little hurt. "No, I'm family."

"RaRa, I think it's him." Julia whispered to her twin. "The brave knight in mommy's stories who gave us life and would one day come back for us."

"Is that true?" Clara asked her dad. "Have you come back for us to be a family like mommy said?"

"Yes, it's true." Kol replied with a small smile. Clara and Julia exchanged a look before they both stepped forward to hug their father. Kol was slightly shocked at first but he was quick to hug his five year old daughters back. Cassidy smiled at the sight.

"Will you come play with us?" Julia asked Kol with a bright smile.

"I don't see why not." Kol chuckled, allowing both of his daughters to grab his hands and lead him to the garden.

"They're all so beautiful, gorgeous." Rebekah commented with a loving smile of her own. "All five of them."

"Who said anything about five?" Hayley piped up, walking out of the house, her beautiful one year old daughter in her arms. Rebekah immediately gasped, rushing forward towards Hayley and Andrea.

"Who is this little cutie?"

"This is Andrea. She's one." Cassidy said. "She's mine and Hayley's daughter."

"What?" Rebekah looked between Hayley and Cassidy in confusion. "But... but how? That's impossible."

"We live in a world where magic exists, Bekah." Cassidy chuckled. "Find the right spell, and literally anything is possible."

Rebekah smiled, turning back to Andrea, until a sudden thought struck her. That meant that she could have the life she had wished for since she was a little girl... a family of her own, with little kids running around, her little kids... raising them, watching them grow... she could have it all.

With Cassidy... the eternal love of her long life.

---

That night, Cassidy walked out of Andrea's nursery after putting her to sleep, sitting on the couch. At the same time, Elijah walked out of Alexandria and Hope's room.

"Why were you in there so long?" Cassidy asked as Elijah sat beside her.

"Hope was asleep, but Alexandria wanted a story." He informed. "She is hard to say no to."

"She is very convincing, yes." Cassidy laughed. "The others have all gone to sleep."

"Does that mean I've got you all to myself then?" Elijah smirked, pressing his lips to Cassidy's. She smiled into the kiss, deepening it.

"I've missed you." Cassidy murmured against her husband's lips, already shrugging her own jacket off, moving to pull Elijah's off. Just as Cassidy was about to climb onto Elijah's lap, a voice interrupted the two.

"Mom?"

Cassidy had never jumped away from Elijah so fast, turning to see a tired-looking Hope stood there, rubbing her eyes.

"Hope?" Cassidy frowned in concern, going over to kneel in front of her eldest daughter. "Honey, what's wrong? Why aren't you asleep?"

"Mom, I think something's wrong." Hope whispered, slightly shaking. Cassidy placed the back of her hand against Hope's forehead, her frown deepening when she felt how cold Hope was.

"I had a dream about a bad man. He was hurting these kids and I think he hurt me, too." Hope revealed. "I feel dizzy... and my head hurts."

"Can you go get Nik, please?" Cassidy asked Elijah, worried. Elijah nodded, also worried for his niece, quickly leaving to wake up Klaus. Both of them entered the living room moments later, and Klaus knelt beside Cassidy in front of Hope.

"Mom, dad?" Hope shivered again.

"What's happening?" Leo entered the room, rubbing his eyes. "Hopey?"

"Leo..." Hope turned towards her twin brother. "I'm so cold..."

"Honey, try go back to sleep for me, okay? I'll check on you in the morning." Cassidy then glanced at Klaus. "Is it okay if...?"

"Yes, of course." Klaus immediately nodded, taking Hope's hand and taking her back to bed.

"Everything's going to be fine, sweetheart. Get some rest." Cassidy told Leo, who nodded and returned to his room.

---

Cassidy had woken up her other mates, too worried for Hope to wait until morning.

"She's never been sick, ever." She mentioned.

"This is a magical affliction." Freya told. "It feels... I don't know, it's hard to explain. Almost cold."

Cassidy's hand suddenly brushed her pocket, hearing a crinkle of paper. Confused, she reached into her pocket, pulling out a note that had magically appeared in there.

"It's from Vincent Griffith." She spoke to the others. "He knows what's wrong with Hope, he can cure her. But we have to go back to New Orleans." She sighed. "Some of you can stay here with the other kids. Leo won't stay here without Hope, so we'll take him, too."