52 - A true angel

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 52 (1x02)
Word Count: 1727

Cassidy was sat on an armchair in the living room, talking to her stomach as she drew circles on it with her finger.

"I can't wait to meet you guys. I especially can't wait to see what Nik will be like as a dad. Do either of you know what we should call you? And if you say Nik Junior or Cass Junior, I'll let Damon adopt you. Nah, just kidding. I'd never so that to you two." But Cassidy's babbling to her flat stomach was interrupted by a knock at the door. Standing up, the siphon headed to the door, pulling it open. A man stood there, and Cassidy could sense the vampire magic radiating off of the man.

"Evening, ma'am. My name is Diego. Marcel has requested that Klaus Mikaelson and Cassidy Forbes attends one of his many parties, tonight. Here." He handed Cassidy a flyer.

"But I haven't even met Marcel before." Cassidy pointed out, frowning down at the flyer in confusion.

"Exactly. He is very eager to meet you at last. He has heard about the great stories of Klaus Mikaelson's siphon mate and was thrilled when he heard you had entered his city." Diego replied. Cassidy slowly nodded, reading the flyer.

The flyer was headed by a large, monogrammed 'M', beneath which read:

ABATTOIR
WHERE THE PARTY
NEVER ENDS

"We'll be there." Cassidy declared. "I'll let Nik know."

"Excellent." With a nod, Diego turned and left, dropping his fake smile as he went. He hated having to be kind to strangers just because Marcel took a liking to them.

---

Klaus and Cassidy walked into the Abattoir, hand in hand, and glanced around the raging party.

"We can leave at any time. You do not have to meet Marcel if you do not want to." Klaus muttered. Cassidy glanced at him and let out an amused chuckle.

"You worry too much, Nik. I'll be fine."

"Of course I worry, love. You are carrying my children." Klaus reminded, the excitement entering his eyes once again. "But remember, no alcohol. I'll go get you a water." He walked off. Cassidy stayed put for a long while, watching everyone dance and laugh in their groups, until she heard someone approaching her.

"Hello, I don't believe we've met. You must be new around here. I'm Marcel."

"The famous Marcel? What an honor." Cassidy teased jokingly, spinning around to face Marcel, but the second that brown eyes met blue-green, the siphon and the vampire both froze in shock, their wrists stinging. Marcel winced and grabbed his wrist, experiencing the pain for the first time, but since Cassidy had grown numb to it, she'd gotten used to the routine and simply lifted her wrist up to read what had been changed.

Marcel's mate tattoo before:
0/1 ~ C.F
Marcel's mate tattoo after:
1/1 ~ Cassidy Forbes

Cassidy's mate tattoo before:
5/8 ~ Elijah Mikaelson
          Niklaus Mikaelson
Rebekah Mikaelson
          Kol Mikaelson
Hayley Marshall
          M.G/D.C/F.M
Cassidy's mate tattoo after:
6/8 ~ Elijah Mikaelson
          Niklaus Mikaelson
Rebekah Mikaelson
          Kol Mikaelson
Hayley Marshall
          Marcel Gerard
          D.C/F.M

Cassidy's heart thumped as she smiled, her only thought being 'here we go again'. But it wasn't in a bad way. She was thrilled to be one step closer to having all of her mates. Glancing down at her wrist, Cassidy's smile widened a fraction. She was mated to the person that all of the witches wanted to kill. What a coincidence. She decided to keep it a secret. If the witches knew they were mated, they'd use Sophie Deveraux to kill Cassidy since they were linked, as a way to get to Marcel.