126 - Have a little faith

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 126 (4x10)
Word Count: 2250

A/N: I'm so sorry that I've not updated in like two weeks 😅 I've had a lot going on recently. Between father's day, my parents telling me and my sister that they are getting a divorce literally ON father's day, my boyfriend (now ex-boyfriend) cheating on me and saying 'he did nothing wrong' (🙄🙄), and then school, work, exams... and my 17th birthday being literally tomorrow (which I am not even looking forward to), I've just not had motivation to do anything. It's been a low point in my life, so I am sorry for the wait! Can you guys just please hang in there until I start posting more? 🥰❤️
-L xx

---

Cassidy sat beside Elijah's coffin, staring at her deceased husband, wanting nothing more than to be safely in his arms again while she'd ramble about her day to him, and she'd appreciate him just listening to her stupid rambles, because she always knew she was safe in his arms.

"You know, 'Lijah... since we first met, you turned my life around. You were my first mate, so you literally changed my life. You are my rock, my heart, and my soul mate, and I am so proud of you. Now look at you. I'm so sorry. My 'Lijah. I will not rest until I bring you back. No matter how many I have to kill to insure it."

"As much as I disapprove of this murderous side of you, gorgeous, I could do with a bit of murder and mayhem."

"Hey, Bekah." Cassidy sent a small smile towards her mate, who sent a small smile back in return. Rebekah sent Cassidy a smile in return, softly kissing her.

"I've missed that smile. I've barely seen it all week."

"I know, sorry." Cassidy sighed. "I just really miss him. Frey and I are wasting all of our energy to try and bring 'Lijah back, but nothing."

"All right! Chitchat's over. Hello there, baby." Kol strolled into the room, immediately heading over to Cassidy to kiss her, too, before he turned to Rebekah. "Can we slaughter someone now?"

"Well, first things first." Klaus strutted into the room next. "We need to destroy the weapons that give our enemy their advantage."

"This is turning into some sorta weird family meeting." Cassidy pointed out.

"Hello to you, too, love." Klaus smirked at his wife before addressing the rest of his family again. "Now, one scratch from the rosebush is lethal to us. Freya has tracked down the eight that remain, including the main plant. Here, in the Ninth Ward."

"Fine, so we burn them all and then we murder that wretched bitch." Rebekah shrugged nonchalantly. Cassidy groaned.

"Oh, so when I turn all murderous, she disapproves. Lil' hypocrite."

"You love me really, gorgeous." Rebekah chuckled. Cassidy couldn't help but smile at her, before glancing at Freya.

"Frey, you actually think you can pull this off? There are a thousand years of memories in there. How will you know which is the right one?"

"He'll recognize me. If I can find the core of his being or whatever memory he's clinging to, I'll pull him out." Freya then prepared her spell. "Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz. Tillate ulaz."

---

While Klaus, Kol, and Rebekah went off to deal with multiple other dramas that seemed to be circling their lives, Cassidy didn't leave Freya's side as the Mikaelson witch searched Elijah's still-alive subconscious in hopes of bringing him back through that.

Seconds turned to minutes of digging through Elijah's heads... minutes turned to ours... until eventually, Freya released a startled gasp. Immediately, Cassidy was on her feet in worry, hurrying closer to her wife.