3 - I am not a witch

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 3 (2x09)
Word Count: 4629

A/N: I just f*ck!ng wrote a whole bl00dy chapter only for it to delete itself. I hate everything. -_-
Anyway... I wrote a whole scene in this chapter of Cassidy explaining to Caroline what she found out about the mate bond and how it works, but since this stupid chapter deleted itself, I'm just going to tell you guys here about the mate bond.
1) When mates meet, they stop ageing. Elijah's a vampire so nothing changes for him but for any vampire who had a witch or werewolf mate, they would stop ageing immediately when they met so the mates could live forever together. But if the witch or werewolf mate was under 18 when they met their mate, they would have to wait until their 18th birthday to stop ageing, but since Cassidy is 19, she will remain 19 forever. Hope that isn't too confusing :) comment if you have any questions!
2) Elijah hasn't contacted Cassidy since they first met a few days ago, which hurt Cass but she has decided to play hard to get and not contact Elijah until he contacted her first, but if they spend two much time apart, the mate bond will retaliate and force one of them to call the other eventually anyway, so... stay tuned for that :)
Now ON WITH THE STORY!!!

---

"Damon?!" Cassidy barged into the Salvatore house and looked around. "What is so urgent? I saw your message! 'Get your cute butt down here now'." She read the message aloud that Damon had sent her. "So, my cute butt is here! What do you want?"

"Stop it, you're giving me a headache." Damon vamp sped in front of her, and she looked up at him with a fake smile.

"Don't try to fool me, bestie. Vamps are lucky enough to not get headaches."

"Oh yeah? Well, you've given me plenty."

"It's called aneurysms, honey."

"Well, they're witchy and annoying."

"Don't call me a witch!"

"Whatever, bestie."

"You're such a child."

"You love me anyway."

"Are you guys done?" Stefan's voice interrupted the bickering. The two best friends turned to see Stefan and Elena stood there, and behind them stood... Rose.

"Are you serious? Letting the kidnapper into your home? Idiots." Cassidy rolled her eyes.

"Just sit down." Elena sighed.

"Oh, Miss Bossy is here." Cassidy laughed sarcastically but still walked into the living room and took a seat with Damon. The second she got comfortable, Rose began speaking.

"Okay, you have to understand I only know what I've picked up over the years and I don't know what's true and what's not true. That's the problem with all this vampire crap. But Klaus, I know he's real."

Once again, the name pricked a memory in the back of Cassidy's mind which was just out of reach. She had a terrible memory, but she knew that the name did sound familiar.

"Who is he?" Elena asked, her eyebrows knotting in a curious frown.

"He's one of the originals. He's a legend." Damon informed, leaning back in his chair and placing his arm over the back of it behind where Cassidy sat.

"From the first generation of vampires." Stefan added, causing Cassidy to tense up. If the Klaus guy was an original, and so was Elijah, and Cassidy vaguely remembered hearing Klaus' name before... there must be something going on there, but she was quite slow and clueless to figure it out.

"Like Elijah?"

"No." Rose responded to Elena's question. "Elijah was the Easter bunny compared to Klaus. He's a foot soldier. Klaus is the real deal."