56 - I can't breathe

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 56 (1x06)
Word Count: 1399

Elijah found Cassidy rooting through the fridge to make herself breakfast. Elijah leant in the doorway and smiled at her.

"Good morning, darling."

"'Lijah!" Cassidy turned to grin at him. "Morning." She pulled ice cream out of the freezer, reminding herself to just blame all of her weird eating habits on her pregnancy hormones if anyone asked.

"So..." Elijah walked further into the kitchen towards his pregnant mate. "You realise that you live in a house full of vampires, don't you? We were all here, listening to Davina explain the Harvest to you."

"You did?" Cassidy's eyes widened a fraction as she shoved a spoon into the ice cream. "Please don't bring it up to her. Vina is going through so much involving the Harvest that I had to give Bonnie a call, so she's going to drop off some grimoires later."

"I won't mention anything to Davina." Elijah reassured. "But I do have some concerns about these murderous witches."

"They're evil. And, my life is still magically linked to Sophie Deveraux, which is not comforting." Cassidy muttered, also quite worried. She really did despise Sophie.

"Yes, I think it's time we took care of that little problem." Elijah smirked, just as Rebekah walked in, approaching the two.

"Bekah!" Cassidy smiled at the sight of her.

"Morning, gorgeous." Rebekah pecked Cassidy's lips before turning to Elijah. "Now, about taking care of these witches, I am all for it. As soon as they're unlinked, we get to leave this crap town. Who do we have to kill?"

"Probably no one." Elijah considered it for a moment, but Cassidy shot her noble mate a significant look of disbelief. Elijah sighed. "Alright, potentially everyone."

---

In her bedroom, Cassidy was flicking through the grimoires that Bonnie had kindly sent over, along with a note:

Hope these help!
Missing you,
-B

With a small smile, Cassidy collected the three grimoires up and prepared to go to Davina's room to deliver them to her, but the second that Cassidy stood up from her bed, she suddenly yelped in pain and instinctively grabbed her neck. When she pulled her hand away, she noticed blood on her fingers from a small puncture wound that was already starting to heal. Rebekah heard her shout and rushed into the room.

"What's wrong?" Rebekah asked, worried.

"It felt like I was being stabbed." Cassidy informed, confused and concerned.

---

Rebekah entered Cassidy's bedroom, where Cassidy was sitting in an armchair.

"Time for mini-Nik and mini-you to snack!" She held out a basket of apples and Cassidy picked one up. "How's your neck?"

"I feel fine... which is weird. I'm sure it's Sophie-related." Cassidy sighed.

"You better not die on me, Cassidy Forbes, or I will be finding a way to go down with you." Rebekah smirked, leaning down to kiss Cassidy's forehead. Cassidy smiled in amusement and let out a chuckle as she went to bite the apple in her hand, but she suddenly started to feel woozy before she got the chance to eat it. Rebekah frowned in concern. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know..." Cassidy softly shook her head. "Probably morning sickness..."

"Oh, you're burning up, actually." Rebekah mentioned, placing a hand on Cassidy's forehead.