61 - Resurrect your chosen ones

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 61 (1x11)
Word Count: 2780

Cassidy slowly walked into Davina's room to see her lying in her bed, slightly sweating, and Cassidy's eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"You look sick. What's going on, Vina?"

"It's nothing, I'm fine." Davina muttered rather weakly. Cassidy approached Davina's bed, placing her hand against her forehead.

"You're very sweaty... and burning up. There's something wrong, isn't there?" Cassidy whispered in worry, but Davina shook her head.

"O-of course not, I'm fi--" But cutting her off, Davina started to gag and sitting up in bed.

"Vina? What's happening? Davina?" Cassidy questioned, alerted as Davina clearly sat up, throwing up all over her bed. But she didn't throw up like a normal person... she was throwing up dirt. Cassidy began to panic. "Davina!"

Klaus, who heard the commotion, entered the room to investigate.

"What's with all the racket?" He stopped in his tracks when he saw Davina still throwing up soil. "Bloody hell." And suddenly, the house began to shake violently, as though it was an earthquake. Rebekah was in the courtyard, looking around in confusion as she tried to keep her balance.

"What the hell is going on?"

Klaus walked out to join her, looking grim.

"Davina."

"I didn't do this on purpose. I-I don't know what's wrong with me." Davina told Cassidy, holding back tears from the shock of what she'd just done. Cassidy stroked her girlfriend's hair back, concerned.

"I know... you're going to be alright... I've read about this kind of thing before, you know. When Bonnie was not able to control her magic, I vowed to help her, and I did. And now, I will help you." Cassidy reassured. "This magic is tearing you apart, Vina. You're going yo start to self-destruct. From what I've researched, you'll cycle through four stages that represent the four elements that bound together the Harvest. Bonnie only suffered through fire and wind as she wasn't influenced by the Harvest like you are. For you, Earth stage comes first, then comes wind, then after the wind is water. Rain, flood... and the last stage is fire, and since it's the last, it will be by far the worst."

And as soon as Cassidy said that, extremely strong winds started to blow through the Quarter, bursting many of the compound's windows open. Davina looked around in fear, tears still pooling in her eyes. Cassidy climbed into the bed with her, holding Davina's clammy body close to her to soothe her, and slowly, the wind started to calm down.

"I don't want to die... I don't want the magic to take me..." Davina panicked, hugging into Cassidy's side closer.

"It won't. I won't let you die, Vina. Never." Cassidy promised, but she knew that it was a promise she was bound to break. Even though she would be resurrected, Cassidy knew that the only way to save Davina from the magic killing her permanently would be to have her complete the harvest and be resurrected.

But Davina was terrified of the harvest... Cassidy didn't have the heart to tell her.

---

It had been a few hours and Cassidy decided to go back up to check on Davina, but before she could reach the bedroom, she spotted Rebekah exiting it.

"Bekah?" Cassidy approached her mate. "Were you checking on Vina?"

"Yes, actually. She's... sleeping. I injected her with a sedative just to... calm her down." Bekah admitted honestly.