30 - You seem like a perfect gentleman

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 30 (3x14)
Word Count: 2482

After a funeral had taken place for her father, and Cassidy had personally requested that her mates didn't make an appearance and it'd only be close family, she resigned to her room for the remainder of the day. She didn't move, she didn't eat, she found it almost impossible to sleep. All of her mates knew to leave her be through the difficult time in her life, and when she was ready to come to one of them, then they'd be able to comfort her.

Cassidy appreciated the quiet. It helped clear her head. That was until one morning, she was awakened by a knock at her bedroom door. With a sigh and a confused frown, Cassidy climbed out of her bed and raked her fingers through her messy hair, and then pulled the door open. But she was even more confused by the unfamiliar stranger stood before her.

"Hi, um, can I help you?"

"Not me, I suppose." The woman responded, her voice posh and her posture formal. "I am Esther."

"Esther? The Mikaelson mother?" Cassidy questioned, her eyes widening. Esther smiled a small, polite smile.

"That is correct. I do believe you and I should have a talk about the situation between you and my children, but until we are able to do so, I have came to deliver this to you." Esther held out an invitation. "I do hope you can attend. Good day, Cassidy." And with that, Esther turned and strolled off.

Cassidy slowly shut the door and glanced down at the invitation in her hand, taking her place back in her bed as she carefully opened up the beautifully-designed envelope, spotting the invitation inside. She scanned through it.

Please join the Mikaelson Family
this evening at seven o'clock.
For dancing, cocktails and celebration.

She turned the invitation around to see small, individual notes from her mates.

It'd be a nice break for you, gorgeous <3
-Bekah xx

Save me a dance, love?
-Niklaus

I hope this night will be a start to bringing you back to yourself, darling.
-Elijah

This gives us a chance to properly meet, don't you think? ;)
-Kol (your future favourite mate)

A smile fought its way onto Cassidy's face. She absolutely loved how much her mates cared for her. It made her feel very loved.

---

Evening had fallen. Cars were pulling up the driveway in front of the Mikaelson mansion. Inside, there were lots of people talking. A live band was playing classical music. Cassidy drew in a deep breath, smoothing down her lavender-coloured dress. She pulled at the white gloves that reached her elbows, fixed her silver heels and exited her bedroom.

She headed to the top of the stairs and looked down to the large crowd with people laughing, chatting and drinking. She spotted Klaus and Elijah conversing, Rebekah was greeting guests, and Kol was speaking to Carol Lockwood and Damon.

With a sigh, Cassidy headed down the stairs, her head held high. Nervousness built inside of her as she headed towards Kol, who hadn't noticed her yet.

Kol and Carol then turned around. The breath was suddenly caught in Kol's throat as he studied his beautiful new mate. He was silent... speechless... in awe. Carol grinned widely and stepped forward to embrace Cassidy.