46 - I'm giving you one last chance

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 46 (4x08)
Word Count: 2483

Adrian, a hybrid, was chained up. Hayley, Cassidy, Tyler, and Kimberley were all nearby watching as he transformed into a wolf. Cassidy had been awfully quiet the entire time, staring at Adrian transition, a thousand thoughts swimming through her mind. She was only there for her mate... she promised she'd help Hayley with whatever the plan was as long as none of her other mates, or Hayley herself of course, got hurt. But they were prepared to sacrifice innocent hybrids... and the guilt ate away at Cassidy. Hayley eventually noticed, taking a step closer to Cassidy to take her hand and whisper into her ear.

"Hey, I wanted to thank you... for helping me. You're doing the right thing, babe."

"I hope so." Cassidy sighed, quiet enough for only Hayley to hear. Hayley went to respond but was interrupted by Adrian screaming in pain.

"Please, no more, I can't!"

"Yes, you can. Block out the pain." Tyler instructed, arms crossed as he stared down at the transitioning hybrid. Adrian continued to scream in pain until Kimberley spoke up and made her way over to Adrian.

"That's enough. This is torture!"

"Kim, stop. He needs to finish." Hayley stepped forward, but Kimberley shot a glare in her direction.

"Not today, he doesn't." She unchained Adrian.

"Yes, today. Nate, Dean, and Chris are all dead, which makes Adrian Klaus' right hand. We can't let Adrian anywhere near Klaus until his sire bond is completely broken." Hayley exclaimed heatedly.

"Hayley's right." Cassidy chimed in. "The bond isn't broken until he doesn't feel the pain of transformation anymore."

"Stop pretending that you're one of us, witch! You know nothing about the pain of being a wolf, so back off!" Kimberley growled angrily. Cassidy hated being snapped at, but it was normally something she would let slide if her friend was in a bad mood. But Kimberley wasn't her friend, and Cassidy definitely wasn't about to stand for a random hybrid picking an argument with her. But the second that Cassidy took a step forward to show Kimberley who not to mess with, Tyler intervened.

"Not here, guys. Take it elsewhere later."

"Then tell this little bitch to stop picking fights she must know she'll lose!" Cassidy exclaimed before glaring at Kimberley. "I could siphon every ounce of magic from your body, drain the last bit of magic, until you cease to exist at all."

Kimberley stayed silent, simply glaring one last time before looking away. Cassidy tried to suppress a smirk but failed as she realised she'd succeeded in putting Kimberley in her rightful place.

"Let's go Adrian." Kimberley scoffed, leading Adrian out of the barn.

---

Kimberley and Adrian were playing pool at the table while Tyler, Cassidy, and Hayley were sitting at a table watching them.

"They are gonna get us all killed and we are just sitting here." Hayley muttered, glaring in the direction of the two hybrids. She glanced at Tyler next. "Kim is challenging your position as Alpha. You need to put her in her place. Now."

"I don't know..."

"Seriously?" Cassidy rolled her eyes. "That hybrid she-devil is a little wench if I ever saw one and I want to see her get exactly what she deserves."

Hayley sent a nod in her direction, along with a wink and a subtle smirk with the silent words 'which she will' painted across them.

Tyler nodded and went to the pool table. Adrian shot the cue ball at the black eight ball, but Tyler put his hand out and grabbed the ball before it could roll into the pocket. Adrian raised his head to look at him.