53 - You think you can stop me?

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 53 (1x03)
Word Count: 2367

Cassidy was sitting cross-legged on the floor in Elijah's bedroom as she read one of Elijah's thick, leather-bound journals.

August 1359
I have noticed a difference in my siblings. Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our life as vampires. Each day removes them further from the humanity we once possessed. My sweet sister, Rebekah, has grown quite indifferent to brutality.
However, the true problem remains my brother, Niklaus. He continues to hide his loneliness with cruelty. Still, I cling to the hope that I, as their eldest brother, can lead them down the correct path, a path charged with the power of a family united. For if I fail, our family's legacy will end in darkness.

"You've been busy." At the voice, Cassidy looked up to find Elijah in the doorway, smirking down at her. "Did you find what you were looking for?"

"Sorry." Cassidy closed the book, quickly getting to her feet. "These hormones are making me so nosy... butting into everybody's business."

"You can't blame everything on your hormones, darling." Elijah chuckled in amusement. "It is alright. I don't mind you looking through my things. What's mine is yours."

"I just wanted to know more about your life before we met." Cassidy informed, leaning up to kiss Elijah's lips.

"It was miserable without you in it." Elijah murmured against his pregnant mate's lips.

"As much as I'd love to continue doing this..." Cassidy reluctantly pulled away from Elijah. "I'm meeting Marcel. I not only need to convince him to move in with us so I can have all of my mates under one roof, but then I also need to convince him to take me to this secret weapon of his. Davina, I think her name was."

"Alright." Elijah nodded. "I will see you later, darling."

---

"Me living under the same roof as the Mikaelsons? That won't go down well."

"Oh, come on! You guys are old friends." Cassidy reminded Marcel as the two walked down the street hand-in-hand.

"Angel, the drama between myself and the Mikaelsons will go down in history. It was definitely... something." Marcel smirked. Cassidy caught onto the nickname almost immediately.

"Angel?"

"Oh, it's just... you remind me of an angel. I can almost see your halo." Marcel teased. "You are far too good for any of us."

"I'm still waiting on an answer, Marcel."

"If I say yes, would I get a kiss?" Marcel's smirk widened. Cassidy pretended to think about it.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt."

"Then I would be delighted to move in with you... angel."

"Yay!" Cassidy kissed Marcel as promised. "Okay, now, second order of business."

"Gosh, I'm nervous." Marcel joked. Cassidy playfully rolled her eyes, nudging her vampire mate.

"You should be. But seriously, I am an observant person, Marcel. I've caught on to how you always know if the witches are using magic or if a werewolf is in town. Did you really think you could keep your witchy secret weapon from me, a literal siphon? Nice try."

"Okay, you caught me." Marcel grinned cheerfully. "You can meet her."

"Really?" Cassidy squealed, realising how easy that was. Marcel watched her in amusement, nodding.