140 - Ready as I'll ever be

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 140 (5x11)
Word Count: 1359

Only a few days had gone by when Cassidy and Kol, being the last two of the mates to get married, were hurrying to become husband and wife, wanting the wedding as soon as possible. It was the morning of their wedding when Cassidy stood in front of her mirror, glancing at a wedding dress she had tried on in distaste.

"It's too itchy, and it makes my boobs look small. I mean, why have cleavage when you can't show it off?"

"She's got a point." Caroline murmured to Bonnie, who giggled and nodded in agreement. Caroline, Bonnie, Rebekah, Freya, Davina, Hayley, Katherine, and Nadia were all helping Cassidy get ready for her big day... again! For the very last time, too.

"Relax, there are plenty more to choose from, gorgeous." Rebekah reassured, planting a kiss on Cassidy's cheek.

"'Lijah has agreed to walk me down the aisle, since I am nothing but an orphan now with no father to walk me down the aisle." Cassidy sighed sadly.

"Ditto to that." Hayley raised her glass, so did everyone else in the room minus Bonnie and Nadia.

"What happened to your step-dad? Couldn't he walk you down?" Bonnie wondered. Cassidy looked down.

"No, he passed away three years ago. Heart attack."

"Oh..." Bonnie looked down, feeling bad now.

"Hey! Come on, Cassie, you're getting married today! You can't be sad on your very last wedding day ever." Caroline tried to cheer her older sister up.

"You're right." Cassidy smiled. "Next dress, please."

Davina squealed excitedly, rushing into the wardrobe to fetch her mate the next wedding dress to try on.

Rebekah's phone suddenly rang. She picked it up to see who was calling.

"It's Kol."

"What? No! If you are answering that call, do it outside. It's bad luck to hear the groom's voice before you meet him at the aisle." Cassidy whined, sliding into the wedding dress as Katherine zipped it up for her.

"I'm pretty sure that it is: it's bad luck to see the bride in the dress before the wedding, babe." Hayley corrected with a chuckle. Cassidy playfully shot her a look with a small grin.

"No, I just asked Kol to put his wedding preparations on hold for an hour just so he can get in contact with his witch allys and find out how to stop the magic in Hope and Alexandria." Rebekah stated. "I think he's found the answer. I'll be right back." She then quickly left the room to answer Kol's call.

---

Elijah was busy talking to Enzo and Stefan while Klaus was charming some of the early-arriving guests who had come to help with preparations, when Rebekah walked up to the two of them and pulled them away from the wedding preps.

"Rebekah." Elijah addressed his younger sister. "Is everything alright? You seem saddened."

"I asked Kol to talk to his witch allys like you guys wanted me to, and he got back to me with what they said." Rebekah revealed. Immediately, Klaus and Elijah were intrigued, eager to know how they would be able to cure their daughters of the dark magic. "The witches say that the dark magic is destroying both of the girls from the inside out. It's only a matter of time before it kills them..."

"So how do we stop it?" Klaus asked immediately, now very concerned for his daughter and niece.

"There's nothing we can do." Rebekah began to tear up. She couldn't bear the idea of anything happening to her son, Eli, so she couldn't imagine the pain that Klaus and Elijah must have felt at hearing her say those words.