7 - You'll kill her

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 7 (2x13)
Word Count: 1971

A knock on the door of Cassidy's bedroom was heard, causing the siphoner to look up from her book. Caroline peaked her head in.

"Hey, Cassie."

"Care." Cassidy sat up with a smile, placing her book on her bedside table. "What's up?"

"Um..." Caroline sighed. "Do you want to go for some coffee?"

---

"...so, then Tyler accuses me of knowing about how Mason dies, and of course I do but I didn't know what to say in that moment, obviously! I sent Stefan to try and calm him down but I've been feeling awful! I don't even know how he found out about me knowing!" Caroline ranted as she and Cassidy exited the Mystic Grill. They spent the first time of them hanging out with just drinking and chatting, but Cassidy had noticed Caroline acting weird and demanded that she speak. So, she did. They started heading towards Caroline's car which they drove to the Mystic Grill in. "And then, Matt comes up to me and it's super awkward, and I agreed to meet him later tonight to talk about, well, us." Caroline began searching her handbag for her car keys as the car came into view up the road. "Advice would be nice."

"I don't know what to tell you, Care." Cassidy shrugged after patiently listening through all of her sister's rambling. "Tyler will forgive you eventually as, given your past ramblings, he definitely has a thing for you. As for Matt... I thought you were going to tell him that you are waiting for your mate."

"Yes, I was going to! But... I just got all flustered and weird! I'll tell him tonight... maybe. I don't know." Caroline gave up, unlocking her car. Cassidy went around the car to get into the passenger's seat but jumped a mile high when she saw a woman stood there.

"Jesus mother of God! Don't do that!"

"Sorry." The woman muttered, her face straight and void of any emotion.

"Um, are you okay?" Cassidy asked. "I'm not going to have to yell 'stranger danger', am I?"

The woman let out an unamused chuckle.

"You're exactly how I pictured you to be... Elijah is lucky... a mate with humor and powers."

"How the hell do you know about my powers?"

"You used them to burn me, remember? Back in the Salvatore place?"

Cassidy was completely off-guard. The woman was the wolf she burned... Damon had told her that her name was Jules.

"Caroline, let's get out of here. Now." But as both Caroline and Cassidy went to get into the car, a man appeared behind Caroline and snapped her neck, and Jules stabbed a syringe into Cassidy's neck, knocking her out.

---

Caroline and Cassidy both woke up in a cage in an RV.

"Cassie..." Caroline crawls over to her sister. "Are you okay?"

"Yes..." Cassidy slowly sat up. "Are you?"

"Yeah... let's get out of here." Caroline tried to unlock the cage, but she was too weak to break out. "Damn it... those nutjob wolves pumped me with vervain. I'm too weak."

"Pity." A man walked in — the same man who snapped Caroline's neck — and cockily grinned at them. "I've got more if you want it. The name's Brady."

"We didn't ask." Cassidy snapped, angrily gripping the bars of the cage. She grabbed Caroline's arm and siphoned her. Caroline winced a little at the sudden pull of her magic but eventually got used to it. Once Cassidy had more than enough magic, she raised her hand through the bar and gave Brady one heck of an aneurysm, causing him to drop down to the floor, groaning in pain and clutching his head. Jules then walked in, looked at the groaning Brady on the ground, and then turned to glare angrily at Cassidy.