90 - Alex deserves to see the good side of the world

Book: Kindred Spirits
Chapter 90 (2x18)
Word Count: 2748

Cassidy felt peaceful as she walked down the streets of the French Quarter with Klaus, Elijah, and their kids. Klaus was pushing Leo in his stroller, Cassidy was pushing Hope in her stroller, and Elijah held Alexandria in his arms. He could have put her in a carrier, but he adored how small she seemed in his arms, vowing to protect her from the world... he never wanted to let her out of his arms, ever.

The three mates talked to each other as they passed locals and tourists milling around the street, along with street musicians who were playing various instruments. Cassidy smiled over at Klaus once she saw him tickling Leo, who was giggling and cooing at his father. Klaus was a great father to both of their children.

"Well, Mrs Forbes-Mikaelson, Elijah and I thought we should give you a proper tour around New Orleans considering you have lived here for two years and have not properly experienced the real New Orleans daytime jazz before." Klaus stated.

"Oh, Mr Mikaelson, that is most kind of both of you." Cassidy played along. They came upon a violinist on the sidewalk who was playing an upbeat tune, and so they stopped to listen. Cassidy smiled down lovingly at Hope once the little girl started giggling and clapping at the music. The violinist continued playing the tune a little longer before smiling and dramatically ending the song. Cassidy smiled back at the woman and dropped some money into her violin case.

As Klaus, Cassidy, Elijah, Hope, Leo, and Alexandria continued their journey through the street, the violinist started playing a much slower tune. Cassidy pauses, looking unnerved as she looked over at the violinist, who was staring at them, and Elijah looked at Cassidy in concern.

"That song..." A shiver ran down Cassidy's spine. "What is it?" They all looked back at the violinist again, who was still staring at them creepily, and Cassidy, alarmed, quickly turned back around and started walking again. As they headed down the street, Cassidy started scanning their surroundings and saw a waiter writing a message onto the chalkboard outside of a restaurant that reads, 'A promise made is a debt to be paid'. Cassidy became even more alarmed, but tried her best to play it cool in case someone else was watching. Suddenly, they were stopped by a man holding a large, long-stemmed red and black flower in his hand.

"Flowers, miss."

"No, we are alright. Thank you." Elijah answered instead after he sensed Cassidy's alarm.

"You sure?" The flower salesman smirked. Cassidy looked at the man suspiciously as he held up the flower and smiled creepily. "Black dahlias are in bloom. They're quite lovely."

Cassidy, now fully afraid, started to walk past him, but the man grabbed her tightly by the arm as both of his eyes turned pure white. Klaus released Leo's stroller for just a few seconds so he could rush at the man and shove him against a light post as he put him in a choke-hold.

"Show yourself, witch."

"Nik, stop, this is Dahlia's doing..." Cassidy muttered quietly. "She's here somewhere. I can feel it... her magic. She's powerful..."

Now a little unnerved himself, Klaus reluctantly released the flower salesman, whose eyes returned to normal, and Klaus walked back over to Leo's stroller.

Cassidy looked around to sense where the magic was, but Dahlia was too powerful. She'd gotten to everyone in the French Quarter. Her magic was everywhere...

---

Cassidy and every single one of her mates were convening in the dining room to discuss what had just occurred.

"Let's just figure out what the hell we're gonna do." Hayley sighed as they all watched Klaus pace back and forth.

"What I would like to do is take a strong leash--"