Chapter 23

Chapter 23. Youth (Part 1) That year, Li Yanqing was eight years old, and Li...

    That year, Li Yanqing was eight years old, Li Yao was eleven years old, and Zhong Yu was fourteen years old.

    Zhong Yu’s previous impression of Li Yanqing was that this child was very warm and polite. Although he was the noble Crown Prince and had the emperor’s obvious preference, he would still smile at others often. It must be because of a happy life...

    This impression was broken on the first day, or to be precise, the first night, when he entered the palace as Li Yanqing's companion.

    He entered the palace during the day, the emperor dragged him to chat for a long time, and insisted on keeping him for dinner before letting him go to the east palace. When he passed, it was already dark.

    He originally thought that Li Yanqing would greet him with a warm smile in the East Palace, but when he opened the door and entered the prince's bedroom, he found that there was no lamp lit, and there was no one serving him, which seemed a bit eerie.

    Zhong Yu went outside and asked a palace official to ask, and then he realized that Li Yanqing in the bedroom was different from him when he met people outside.

    At night, he doesn't want to talk, he doesn't want to light a lamp, and he doesn't want to be accompanied.

    Zhong Yu walked to the door of the bedroom and knocked twice, "His Royal Highness, it's me, may I come in?" Xi Mian groaned

    twice, but soon returned to silence.

    Zhong Yu waited for a long time, but there was no response from inside. He put his ear on the door to listen, but there was no sound from inside.

    He knocked on the door again and said, "His Royal Highness, may I come in?"

    After a while, a small childish voice finally came from inside, "Come in."

    Zhong Hu pushed the door open and went in. It was very dark inside, but fortunately He had been here before, so he remembered the layout of the prince's bedroom, so he fumbled and lit a lamp, which illuminated the whole room.

    After looking around, he finally found Li Yanqing. He was curled up in a corner, not looking like His Royal Highness, but a pitiful and helpless little beast.

    Zhong Yu walked over and knelt down in front of Li Yanqing.

    "Your Highness, what are you doing here? Why don't you light the lamp?"

    Li Yanqing raised his head and looked at Zhong Si anxiously, without saying anything.

    Zhong Yu felt very uncomfortable being watched by him, and patted his head, "What's wrong with you? Did someone bully you?"

    Li Yanqing shook his head, and then continued to curl up with his knees hugged.

    Zhong Shu helped him light the lamp, and when he returned to him, he felt that there was a wound on his arm, and pushed his sleeve up, only to see that his entire arm was covered with scars of different shades. Looking at his other hand, it was the same.

    "What's going on?"

    "I don't know."

    He said he didn't know, but Zhong Yu clearly saw a small knife beside him by the candlelight.

    "Your Highness...why did you hurt yourself?"

    Li Yanqing said in a hoarse voice, "I don't...I don't..."