Chapter 16

Chapter 16. The Story of the Remedy After Mu Shuangxue walked out, Li...

    After Mu Shuangxue walked out, Li Yanqing looked back. When Mu Shuangxue was present just now, those Iron Rhinoceros members who were cowering in breathing gradually relaxed.

    Everyone stood there staring wide-eyed for a while, and the leader of Iron Rhinoceros Club was the first to go to Wu Hao and asked how he could join Bihu Villa as an outer disciple.

    After the gang leader passed by, the other gang members became bolder and began to pass by sparsely. In the end, Wu Hao was almost surrounded by all of them.

    Li Yanqing looked at Mu Shuangxue, she still had no expression on her face, she was just standing here waiting for Wu Hao to finish the things inside and come out.

    Li Yanqing asked, "Shuangxue, do you really agree that they all join your Bihu Villa? Are you afraid that they will be convinced?"

    Mu Shuangxue turned his gaze to the distance, "They came from a state outside the power of Bihu Villa. There was a famine there, the people couldn't eat enough, and many people died. They distributed all the savings of the Iron Rhinoceros Society over the years to the people, so they came to the capital to rob the rich."

    Li Yanqing nodded understandingly, " Oh, so you have investigated beforehand? They are still a group of chivalrous men?"

    "Yeah, so even if they were disrespectful to me just now, their nature is much better than those dog officials."

    Li Yanqing said Said, "Then didn't you just kill one very smoothly?"

    "Because he wanted to hurt you."

    Li Yanqing met her serious eyes, lowered his head, thought about the state that had a famine recently, and asked, " They came from Yanzhou?"

    Mu Shuangxue was surprised that he would know, and asked, "How did you know?"

    "I've already said that someone in my family is a petty official, so of course I heard that there was a famine there. But, didn't the imperial court allocate a large sum of relief funds to Yanzhou?"

    Mu Shuangxue turned her eyes to look at Li Yanqing, as if she was looking at a child who told a fairy tale.

    "You still believe in the imperial court? How naive. The official in the family you said is your cousin, right? His official position is not high on the surface, but his status in the court should not be low."

    Li Yanqing was taken aback, "My cousin Who are you talking about?"

    Mu Shuangxue gave him a sideways glance, as if telling him, stop pretending.

    "Zhong Si, is he your cousin?"

    Li Yanqing was taken aback when he heard Zhong Si's name, and Mu Shuangxue said that he was his cousin, and it was hard to admit it or not.

    The Zhong family originally had a low family background and barely had a place in the capital, but now, it has long since declined.

    After the death of Empress Xian, the Zhong family began to wither, and now only Zhong Si is still in Beijing, and the other relatives of the Zhong family have long since disappeared. It can be said that there is no Zhong family in the capital. So it's normal for her to think that this relative who is an official in the family is Zhong Si.

    Li Yanqing was sure that Mu Shuangxue's question just now did not really find out much, but it was more guesswork, so he said, "Okay, I admit that Zhong Si is my relative. Aren't you looking for me? Since you already know, Why ask extra questions?"     Mu Shuangxue walked up to Li Yanqing and held his hand, "Xiao Yan, I'm not checking you. I just want to know more about you, so I did a little research. That's all. If you still have concerns about me and don't want to tell me about you, then I'll wait until you are willing to tell me."     Li Yanqing gently shook Mu Shuangxue's hand back.     It's rare for her to say so many words in one breath, and she seems to really care about her own thoughts.     Maybe, can I tell her my true identity?     "Shuangxue, actually I..."     Wu Hao finally came out and said, "Senior Sister, they all want to join, and I need to confirm the assessment time with Senior Brother."     Mu Shuangxue's attention was attracted to Wu Hao, Li Yanqing could only swallow what he was about to say.