Chapter 69 || Showing Off

Isaac POV*

"Are you sure?" I asked as I looked down at him. He looked around, before looking down at his own hands. Felling around his face. "I- I think so, this had never happened before." He laughed in disbelief.

I sat down again and watched him as he studied himself more. "You don't- look like yourself," I said quietly. "I- will, no." He smiled. "But this is definitely a step up from a full wolf." He said and he dropped his hands.

It got quiet as I kept staring at him, afraid he'd could go back to what he was becoming any second. He stared at me sadly. "I'm- I'm sorry about earlier." He sighed.

"You remember that?" I asked. He nodded. "I think it's why I got control." He smiled. "I just didn't want to hurt you, and soon enough-" he sighed looking down. I took a deep breath. "So i-" I didn't know what to say.

"I'm sorry if I scared you-" he said, looking away again. "It's- okay, you didn't mean to..." I tried to reassure him. He wasn't in control, but he was now, and I was the one who helped him get control.

"So now what do we do?" I asked after a minute of silence. "We wait." He said simply. "But- shouldn't we tell Aubrey?" I asked confused. He shook his head. "We can tell her tomorrow, besides. I don't feel fully safe to take these off yet." He said looking down at the chains.

I got quiet again and just sat there. "Why didn't you run?" He asked suddenly. I woke up confused. "When I- when you fell, it looked like you really wanted to." He continued. "So why didn't you?"

I looked down, "I got close to it," I sighed. "But I said I'd stay with you." I looked back at him. He smiled softly. But didn't say anything.

We stayed the rest of the night on that floor. Talked about all kinds of things, but mostly about his new appearance, to pass the time.

And a few hours later the night was over and soon the sun came up. As the room got brighter, and the darkness disappeared, so did Lukas's appearance. But it didn't look painless.

He let out a few pained groans as his claws and teeth shot back into his hands and gums. His hair git shorter and soon his face was back to normal. He looked up at me, and the yellow of his eyes went back to its usual green. He smiled at me as he silently caught his breath.

After waiting another minute I got up to him and undid his chains. "Maybe you won't have to use these anymore," I said as I unlocked the keys on his wrists. "I really hope so." He added.

I undid the ones on his ankles and got back in front of him to get the one around his neck. I reached around his neck to find the keyhole. He stared down at me intently as I struggled to find where it was. Maybe I should've picked a better angle.

I finally found it and as soon as It was off of him I threw it across the room. "Everything okay?" He asked. I nodded. "I just really hate that one. I said s I stared at his neck.

There were a lot of scars covering it, he said they heal, but most of them were still very visible, who knows how long they have been there. I reached up and traced my fingers over them. I noticed a new one, a small cut, which probably happened last night.

I heard him chuckle a d soo realized what I was doing. I hastily pulled my hand away. "I'm sorry!" I blushed as I dropped my hand into my lap. I hands realized just how close to him I was sitting. he stared down at me happily. "It's fine." He smiled.

I stayed quiet, not sure how to read the room at this point. The mood had changed so much in the last couple of seconds.

Suddenly the door opened and Aubrey came down the stairs. She looked over confused. I got up and took a few steps back. "Everything okay down here?" She smirked. I let out an embarrassed laugh.

Lukas stood up and walked over to her. "Better than okay-" he smiled brightly. "I think, I gained some control last night." He said proudly. Aubrey's eyes lit up, a smile forming. "You're joking?" He laughed. Lukas shook his head proudly.

"I remember everything, and look." He held up his wrists. Aubrey took his hands and studied them intently. "That's, amazing!" She smiled as he pulled him into a hug. "I'm so happy for you."

Lukas hugged her back, laughing to himself. "How did you do it?" She asked as she let go of him. He looked over at me for a second. "It- hard to explain." He said back. I could see she wanted to ask more, but instead, she let it go for now.

"How did things go for you and Marc?" I joined in. "Fine, he didn't go full wolf..." she sighed. "But boy Is he hard to deal with out of control." She added. "How so?" I asked. She let out a sigh. "It's nothing." It was obvious she decided not to say whatever she was about to.

"Let's get back upstairs." She smiled as she started walking towards the stairs. Lukas looked back at me happily before we both followed her.

When we got to the church, everything looked fine, nothing was out of place. Unless you count Marc. He sat on the other side of the large room. Leaning back on one of the benches as he stared at the ceiling.

Before I knew it Lukas was already off and gone. On his way over to him, most likely to talk about last night. I looked over, standing next to Aubrey. "Thanks." She suddenly said. I looked down at her. "For what?" I asked, a little confused.

"For helping him gain control" she added. I wasn't sure what she meant. I didn't do anything. He got control on his own, I was just there. I looked over at him as he happily sat next to Marc.

Marc turned to him and listened closely to his story, even though he looked tired himself. I looked back to Aubrey curiously.

"I've been meaning to ask." I started. She turned to look at me. "What does it mean to have control, is there anything else to it than changing into a wolf?" I asked.

She looked at me, staying silent for a second. "Well, you don't have to go full wolf." She said simply. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"You can change to anything in between or just certain features." She smirked. I stared at her confused. "For example, I can do this."

She put her hand over her head, and when she took them off, she suddenly had wolf ears. I looked down amazed, not sure what to say to that. "Wh- how?" I stuttered. He laughed as she walked away.