Chapter 2 || Getting Lost

Isaac POV*

We went back that night after finding nothing, of course. She kept pushing me to go deeper into the forest, but I just wanted to go home. And after I finally convinced her after it started raining and we were drenched, we finally got home.

"I told you we wouldn't fund anything" I complained again as I took a seat at the table. We had gone back to my house, well more like our store, but I did live here.

"You just didn't believe enough, if you had just come with me and nit complained the whole time we might've found something." She said back as she dried her hair.

"I just don't think there's gonna be anything out there," I said back. She took a seat across from me. "Well, we found someone." She sighed.

I looked over at her silently. She's right, we did. "Yes. A human." I said back smirking. She glared at me for a second before turning her attention to the window.

"I'll find it, don't worry." She said getting up. "Yeah yeah," I sighed.

She stood at the window for a little while, just looking out, before she eventually turned around and grabbed her stuff.

"Well anyway, thank you for sticking with me today" she smiled shyly. "Even though you didn't want to".

I nodded and she briefly looked outside again. "I'm gonna go home now, while the rain has stopped... see you tomorrow?" She pointed towards the door.

"Yeah, of course" I smiled as I got up to walk her out. I waved as I followed her until she disappeared behind one of the buildings. I sighed as I turned around, closing the door.

I went to the back and up to my room, being as quiet as possible as to not wake up my father sleeping in the room next to me. I dropped onto my bed, exhausted.

She is my best friend and all, but something she makes me so tired. I smile do myself. After that, I got up and changed my clothes before getting under the covers and falling asleep.

----

"Goodmornig~" the door opened, accompanied by a ring of the bell as the door opened. A young lady came in and up to the counter. "Good morning ma'am, can I help you?" I smiled as she looked around.

She took a good look, almost as if mesmerized by the many-colored potions and spices all around the store. Did I mention my dad is a witch? And not only that, but he also just had to be the only witch around. Well anywhere close at least. So to make money, he had put up shop right here at our old house.

"Oh yes, I think so?" She said as she finally walked up. "You see, I have been having some trouble sleeping lately..." She sighed. It was then I noticed the dark circles around her eyes, seems like it was quite a lot of trouble.

I nodded as she continued. "And I was hoping you had something that might help." She smiled shyly. I reached under the counter and pulled out one of my dad's famous sleep options.

"Here, this should help," I said to her. She paid for it at putting it in her bag. "Thank you so much" she smiled. "Feel free to come back if there's any trouble" She nodded and walked out of the store.

"You seem pretty comfortable." Suddenly my father appeared from the back, holding a bunch of freshly brewed potions. "Yeah, that tends to happen after a year of working.." I sighed as I watched him put them away.

He let out a laugh. "I just meant that compared to how much you complained at first, it does seem you mind it that much anymore" he got down from his ladder and walked up to me.

"Maybe it's time I taught you the other part" he smiled. My eyes widened as I sat up straight. "You don't mean-" he laughed a she got behind 5e counter again and walked to the back again.

I got excited, did he mean he was finally going to teach me how to make potions instead of selling them. I was about to go after him when he appeared again. "Well before I can teach you, there are some ingredients you need to get first." He chuckled.

I let out a sigh as I sat back down again. "After that, you'll teach me?" I asked, still excited. He smiled and nodded. Then handed me a list of ingredients. I had no idea what they were for.

I looked at him, waiting for him to tell me to go get them. He nodded towards the door, and I quickly and happily got up from my seat, grabbing my bag and heading out. I said goodbye to my dad and closed the door behind me.

I got some of the ingredients around town, from different stores or friends my dad has dealt with. But the rest of the lost had to be collected from the woods, such as herbs and flowers and stuff.

Luckily, the store isn't that popular. I had read my dad's book about a million times while I waited, so I did know what all of these things looked like. So it would be hard.

Well that is what I thought, but besides knowing what they looked like, I still don't know where to find them, so pretty quickly I had pretty much lost my way in the trees again.

I walked around for quite a while. It had started getting dark about an hour ago, and it had started getting hard to still see, and of course, I didn't bring anything. I mean, I didn't mean to stay until dark.

"Good job Isaac, maybe next time a,s your dad for a map or something," I complained to myself as I pushed away branches and bushed trying to find my way home.

I kept walking for a while, starting to get pretty annoyed. And not to mention cold. Also because of that stupid rumor Ava had been telling me all night yesterday, I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little scared. Well, a lot scared.

I kept pushing my way through the thick forest, trying not to freak out and run, when I suddenly heard a noise from behind me. For a second I froze, listening carefully to where it came from. But it stayed quiet.

I started walking again when I heard it again. This time I turned around, trying to see if there was anything when the subtle sound of branches breaking continued until suddenly it turned into a roar.

"Oh no-" I said as I started running. The sound didn't seem to follow me but my legs didn't let me stop. Somewhere I knew it was my imagination, but that didn't mean I wasn't scared.

Guess Ava did get into my head with that werewolf nonsense.

Just As I started to slow down I looked behind me p, and of course, tripped on an exposed tree root, sending me flying down a hill that I didn't even know was there. I eventually got to the bottom as I hit the ground. Groaning as I turned around to look up at the sky. "Good job" I sighed.

I laid there for a second until I decided that This was helping me get home. So I got up and looked around for any sort of landmark of maybe even a sign.

And to my surprise, almost directly infront of me stood a house. I looked confused as I started walking towards it I've never seen this house before, it doesn't even look like the same building style as the village. Hust his old is this? The lights were on, so there must be someone home...

I forgot about it and walked towards, thinking the village must be close. But no. I walked around it and all I found was more woods.

Why would there just be a random hoise in the middle of the woods? I got back to the front when I suddenly saw movement, from the woods. I was about to run away again when I saw a familiar figure.