Chapter 25 || Confession

Nigel POV*

"I'm in love with her," I repeated, I kept walking as I talked. "I've thought about it for quite some time, and I'm pretty sure that's what it is..." I smiled

It stayed quiet behind me for a bit, before I heard marc's footsteps and suddenly his arm was around my shoulder. "Well, it's about time." He laughed

"Well, then you should tell her." He said again. "What - no, I can't do that - that's too embarrassing." I stuttered. "Doesn't matter. You should tell her." He repeated very sternly. "But what if I get rejected?" I asked nervously. "You won't. I'm sure of it. " he encouraged.

I finally agreed with him, and I wanted to tell her as well, I just wasn't sure how or even when. Should I just walk up to her and tell her, or should I invite her out somewhere? Ugh, this was all so complicated.

"It's not complicated at all, though," Marc sighed as he watched me pace around my room. "He is it not - you don't know what this feels like," I said back, annoyed. Marc looked away silently as I continued to pace along. "Why did I even realize my feelings," I complained.

"Why can't you just go to her and tell her, believe me, you have nothing to worry about." He started again. He sounded more irritated than encouraging at this point. "Because I'm not that confident."

Suddenly, he had enough. He got up from my bed and grabbed my arm. "Enough of this were going to. Her right now," he said as he pulled me towards the stairs. "Wait- Marc no." I tried to escape, but he was too strong. Again, how could I possibly beat a werewolf.
He pulled me out of the house, and soon we were on our way to Ayleen's house.

"You can let go of my hand now." I sighed as we got close to her house, "do you promise not to run away?" He asked. "Yes, I promise, you pulled me across half of the village by now, I swear I'm not going to run," I said as we stopped. He finally let go of my hand. We were stopped just in front of her house, "well them- go on." Marc said as he gestured towards the door. I took a final breath and went up to the door, knocking on it hesitantly. And soon Ayleen opened the door.

"Hey! What's up?" She looked surprised to see me.  "C-can j come in?" I asked as I felt the nervousness get worse. "Yeah, sure," she stepped aside, and I went inside. I took a quick look behind me to look at Marc, but when I did, he was gone. I stepped inside completely and waited for Ayleen. She closed the door and walked after me.

"You wanna go upstairs?" She asked. I thought for a bit and decided yes. I nodded and walked upstairs, me following close behind her.

We went into her room, I sat down on her bed as she stood in front of me, "so what is it?" She asked curiously, now I felt really scared, what was she going to say? "Nigel?" What if she didn't feel the same way... "Nigel?!" What if she thought I was weird.

"NIGEL?!" Suddenly, her voice pulled me back. "Are you okay? You were spacing out," she asked, "I'm fine," I sighed. She took a seat next to me, looking concerned. I let out a sigh, holding my head in my hands. "Listen, there's no other way to say this, so I. I'm just going to say it." I sighed. "Okay, now you kinda scaring me..." she laughed nervously.

I looked up to look at her. "I- I like you." I quickly said. She looked at me confused, "I... like you too?" She said back innocently. "No, that's not - I like you - like, REALLY like you," I repeated. Her eyes grew wide. "You mean -" she must finally realize what I meant. I nodded.

Her face turned bright red. As she turned away. I felt the same happen to me as I also turned away. "I- me too." She said silently. I looked back at her. "Wait, what?" I asked, surprised.

"I- like you too." She smiled shyly as she turned to look at me. We sat there in silence for a bit, both of us trying to figure out what was happening. Finally, we both started laughing.

"Look at us. This is so stupid," I said in between laughs. "I know," she agreed. After another solid minute of laughing we finally calmed down, at some point we had fallen onto the bed, and we turned to look at each other as another blush appeared on both of our faces, we stared at each other silently, as our hands slowly Intertwined.

End of flashback*

- - - -

Isaac POV*

"So you're telling me, if it weren't for Marc, you guys might not have gotten together?" I laughed slightly. My dad thought for a bit.
"I guess you could put it that way." He smiled.

"Good thing Ava is for ing me then," I mumbled. "What was that?" He smirked. I quickly stood up. "Nothing." I smiled awkwardly. I stumbled up the stairs and headed to my room. That was not how I expected the story to go at all.

I let out one last sigh as I got ready for bed and climbed in. I started at the ceiling a bit thinking about the fact that it was happening tomorrow, no more excuses. I just hope nothing happens to interrupt this time.