Chapter 5 || Potions

??? POV*

I quickly knocked on the door, getting more nervous as I awaited any sort of answer, but it stayed quiet. I knocked again, but still no answer.

Curiously I walked around the house, it was then that I noticed it was empty. It looked almost abandoned. All the furniture appeared to still be there, but no sign of life.

I looked around for any sort of entrance, maybe there was still some food In there. I got to the back door and surprisingly it opened. I got in.

I walked around the house for a bit, it was as if the owner had just run off all of a sudden. It gave off a weird feeling. I started to feel uncomfortable when I suddenly heard more voices outside, getting closer...

- - - -
Isaac POV*

I excitedly got up the stairs and towards the shower, I was about to knock on the door when I realized I couldn't hear the shower. I was about to call Lukas when I heard a voice from behind me.

"I'm here" I turned around to see Lukas standing in my room.

"Oh, I'm sorry" I quickly looked away when I noticed he wasn't wearing a shirt. "Why are you sorry?" He laughed. "I don't know..." I shook my head. I heard him laugh softly as I slowly turned to look at him again. It was then I noticed something on his neck and wrists.

"What?" I said to myself as I got closer. "What happened?" I asked, as I got closer I noticed they were scars. I didn't notice those before, probably because I've only seen him wear long sleeves

"Hm?" He asked looking back he followed my gaze. "Oh, that-" he put the shirt on and turned around. "Are you okay?" I ask worriedly. "I'm fine" he sighed. "Don't worry they're old... " He said looking down. "I-" He Interrupted me "weren't you going to learn potion making?" He asked as he walked past me. I looked at him still worried, but there was nothing I could do. I shook it off and followed him downstairs.

We walked to my father's room, he had put all the ingredients on a table and had set up his strange chemistry set out on another. "Ah, there you are." He said as he turned to us. "Are you ready?" I smiled and got up to him "hell yeah I am"

- - - -

"Okay so now you just add 5 grams of this and stir well" he explained, I followed his every direction strictly and did as he told me to. Make sure to remember as much as possible.

"Okay good," he said. "Now just at the last bit, and you should be done," he said as he stepped back. "Really? That's it?" I asked happily. "Yeah, just add it," he said taking another step back.

I was about to do what he said but stopped. Looking over at him. "Dad..? What kind of potion are we making?" I asked nervously. "Oh just something for fever," he said nervously, crossing his arms. "Then why are you back there."

He stood there awkwardly, shaking his head. "I just want to see you add it from here, so I can just see the whole picture..." he lied. I hear Lukas laugh from behind me. I looked over at him concerned. "Just add it, it'll be fine" he smiled.

I got up and, like my dad, got back ever so slightly. I added the final ingredient hesitantly, as it dropped him I got scared it would explode or something, but it didn't do anything.

I heard my dad breathe out. "Oh thank god," he said quickly as he walked up to me. "What- you thought I was going to mess it up, didn't you?" I asked, pretending to be offended.

He shook his head, but that soon turned into a nod. "Yeah, I did." He admitted. I looked at him, "But you didn't" he smiled "Good job."

I let out a sigh and smiled, " I did it, didn't I?" I asked proudly. My dad nodded. I turned to look at Lukas who looked kind of impressed.
"I did it" I smiled. "Yeah," he nodded.

He got closer as I admired the vile in front of me. "So what does it do?" He asked. "It helps against a fever." My dad answered. He looked at him confused, "that all?" He sounded unimpressed. But I didn't care, "I made this." I said again as I looked at him.

"I made a potion!" I smiled brightly. My dad laughed and ruffled my hair. "Good job kiddo." He smiled proudly. I looked at Lukas happily and he smiled back, but there was something about that smile that looked sad...

We cleaned up the mess and I labeled the potion, going downstairs and putting it on the counter. "There. Let's see how fast it sells." My dad smiled hesitantly. "Yeah."

My dad looked outside and then turned to Lukas. "So what were your plans?" He asked. We both looked at him confused. "It's getting pretty dark out there. Are you gonna go home or would you like to stay here for the night?" He asked. I looked over at him. "Oh no, that's fine, I'm going home..." he said, holding up his hands.

"Are you sure?" My dad asked. Lukas nodded. "I don't want to trouble you," he said. "You're not-" He tried but Lukas cut him off. "It's fine really." I looked at him confused, he smiled at me before looking out the window. "I should probably leave before it gets dark."

He looked at his clothes quickly. "It's fine, you can keep them," my dad said, he nodded before going upstairs, I followed him as went to grab his bag.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay?" I asked again. He smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I am," he said as he put his clothes in his bag. I wanted to say something else but I stopped myself. I just nodded as he walked up to me again. "I had a lot of fun today. He smiled. "Yeah.. me too"

There it was again, that feeling, what's happening to me. He threw his bag over his shoulder and he walked past me downstairs. I followed him to the door. "See you tomorrow?" I asked. He looked away for a bit before turning back to me. "I hope so." He smiled, but it almost looked forced.

We said goodbye and I waited for him to be gone before closing the door. I turned around again and went to the back to meet my dad. He was cleaning a bit and getting the shop ready for opening tomorrow. He watched him walk around for a bit before he noticed me. "What is it?" He asked confused. "Dad, can I ask you something?"

I said as I looked down nervously. "Yeah of course.." he smiled putting the boxes he was holding, down. "It might be a weird question but..." I said hesitantly. Y dad kept looking at me, waiting for the answer. "Dad... do werewolves exist.?"

He laughed before realizing I was serious. He sighed as his face got serious as well. "Well.." he said scratching his neck, I looked up confused. "Wait-". He looked up. Letting pit another long sigh. "Alright, follow me," he said as he turned towards his room. I followed him hesitantly.