Chapter 34 || Full Moon

Isaac POV*

I looked at her surprised. "Tonight?" I asked again. Both of them nodded. So that's why they want me to leave. "But- I wanna know what happens," I said without really thinking about it.

Lukas looked at me, a sadness in his eyes. "I don't think you do, kid," Aubrey said. I looked back at her. "No- I do." I looked back to Lukas who was still silent.
"I'll be fine." I smiled at him.

"I don't know if he'll be," Aubrey said to him. "I can talk for myself, Aubrey-" he shot back. Aubrey huffed as she crossed her arms as Lukas run red back to me, slightly smiling. "Are you sure?" He made sure. I nodded.

He let out a sigh and got up from the couch. "Alright then, let's get this over with." He walked towards Aubrey, I reluctantly got up, following them towards what seemed like the basement.

It was dark, just a single window. On the floor and wall were, what looked like chains, attached. Lukas sighed as he stopped infront of them. "Here we go-"

"Wait." I took a step toward him. "Those are... for you?" I asked. He nodded sadly. "Since he can't control it yet, he insisted on being chained down, so he can't hurt anyone..." Aubrey explained as she started attaching the chains. She even put one around his neck, making it look even harsher.

"Is this where you got those scars?" I asked reaching for my own neck subconsciously. He smiled sadly. "That's the price-"

Aubrey finished putting the locks on, she patted Lukas on the shoulder, encouragingly. "Don't worry, you'll control it one day-" she smiled. He nodded sadly. I stared at him as Aubrey walked past me and back up the stairs.

"You still sure you want to see it?" He asked as he sat down. "I-" I didn't know what to say. I'm not sure what I expected, but this was worse somehow. I walked up to him, sitting in front of him. "Yes." I had to look down to meet his eyes.

He let out a small laugh. "Well, I'd still like to ask you to go upstairs... I don't know what I might-" he said sadly. "I will," I said, fulfilling that request. "But-" I added. "You don't have to hide for me." He sat up straight as he listened. "I liked you. A lot. And I really want to be with you-" I laughed, grabbing his hands. "And that means everything, even this," I explained, feeling my face heat up.

He let out a small laugh as he pulled my hands closer. "I'm so lucky it's you who found this place." he smiled, looking down. I started to feel embarrassed again, but I tried to let it show too much.

We sat in silence for a bit, holding hands. I could see the sunset in the window behind him. He flinched and let go of my hands again. "You should go." he looked up, forcing a smile.

I nodded and got up. "I'll see you in the morning," he said before I disappeared.

As I got back to the living room, I saw Aubrey standing at the window, looking out to the clearing in front of her. I quietly sat on the couch as I watched her.

She let out a sigh as she turned around. She gave me a soft smile. She must've noticed I was nervous. "Don't worry, I have full control." she reminded me.

"Yeah- I know." I let out a sigh. "It's just- it's still kind of hard to believe.." I smiled. She walked up to me and sat down. "The werewolf thing or the full moon part-" she asked. "Just- all of it." I let out a small laugh.

"Yeah- I believe that." she leaned down on the couch, looking up to the ceiling. "Was it always like this?" I was really curious. "What do you mean?" she asked, not looking down.

"The... Well, chaining up part..." I asked carefully. She hook her head as she thought back. "No- it wasn't" she started. "When he was younger he was able to control his wolf pretty well, but after the accident-"

Suddenly we heard a loud noise from the basement. Sounding like a growl followed by the rattling of the chains. Did it happen yet?

Part of me wanted to go down and see him, I was really curious about how this 'wolf' of his looked. But I said I wouldn't do that, so I won't. I turned back to Aubrey as she finished her story.

"It's getting worse..." she sighed. I stayed quiet, thinking about what to say next. "How did you... learn to control it...?" I asked carefully.

"I'm not sure, one day I just felt different and I had control. I just felt like I needed to because of.. well Lukas." She smiled. "And the next full moon, nothing happened. I can still feel its effects, I just- I can ignore it now."

I looked back at the floor. The room fell silent again. The muffled sounds of Lukas's struggle could be heard from the basement. I tried so hard to ignore them, but it was very hard.

I felt Aubrey put her hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry- one day hell be in control. Mow you here, I'm sure things will get easier for him." She encouraged me. I nodded. "You're right." I sighed.

I don't know when but at some point I must've fallen asleep. I woke up as the sun-filled the living room. They didn't have curtains that cover very well. Now that I think about it. If the family he talked about before, then this is not his house.

I thought it was weird How abandoned it looked, but if it Lukas found it and moved in all on his own...

I decided not to think about it any further, it was just going to hurt more.

I sat up and looked around. I didn't see Aubrey anywhere... where did she- oh wait.

I got up quickly and ran towards the basement, I heard the faint sound of noises downstairs. As I got closer I noticed the door was open.

I walked in, Lukas was still on the floor, he held his wrists as Aubrey sat above him. He didn't notice me yet.

I looked around, the room was different from last night. The air felt heavy, and looking closer there were claw marks all over the walls and the door.

It was then Lukas noticed me. He looked tired, and the scars I saw earlier were very prominent on his wrists and neck. "Hey..." I
He forced a smile. "Hey.." I walked up to him. Aubrey looked between us and bot up. "I'll get you something for these." She said referring to his wounds.

She got up and went back upstairs. I stared down at Lukas as he rubbed the new scars on his neck. "Are you okay?" I asked, feeling slightly awkward. "Yeah, im- I'm okay-" he nodded. I sat down, I couldn't stop looking at the scars.

"I'm fine really-" he repeated. "I believe you," I said back. Lit's just-" I didn't know what to say. I looked at his wrists when he suddenly grabbed them. "This will heal, I've had them before..." he explained. "You saw them before didn't you." He tried to meet my eyes.

"Yeah but I thought there were left from long ago, I didn't know you got them every month," I said back.

"Well, give it a week, you won't even notice them anymore." He smiled. I tried to smile at him. I wish he didn't has to look at them for a week, I didn't want to see him this way...

That's when I remembered. In my bag, I still had a healing potion from when I made it with dad. "Wait here," I said quickly. I got up a d ran up the stairs. I spotted my bag next to the couch. I got it and ran back down. When I got back down he was standing in the room. He looked at me curiously as I grabbed the potion. "Maybe that'll help... If you don't have healing powers of your own, I mean..." I said. He smiled as he took the potion from me.

"I don't" he chuckled. "Thanks," he opened the bottle and took a sip. I watched him nervously, not sure if it would work. What if I kessed up and it won't work. What if something bad happens and he gets even more hurt? I started to feel more anxious by the second.

He finished the whole bottle, I wasn't if it was necessary... he handed me the bottle back and I put it away. "Is it working?" I asked nervously. He took a look at his scars. Nothing seemed to have changed. "I'm not sure." He smiled.

I let out a sigh. "Guess I messed it up after all," I said as I held onto my bag. "It's fine. He smiled. "You'll get it next time." I nodded, still feeling defeated.

We both walked back upstairs when we bumped into Aubrey. "This house is a mess, I looked everywhere and I could only find this." She said as she showed a small piece of bandage, "it's fine, thank you." He let her bandage his wrists.

I watched as she bandaged him up. Even though the potion didn't work, he'll still heal. And he'll be okay. For now...