Chapter 76 || That Night

Warning- Lots Of Time skips

Marc POV*

Emotions are difficult. They hurt you, and most of the time you have no control. And for most people, the consequences of losing control aren't so bad.

But for someone who already has no control, the consequences can get major.

The fact that the full moon heightened those emotions didn't help either...

A year later.

"Marc? Is that you?" I looked around, only to find Ayleen standing behind me.

"oh... hey," I said back reluctantly.

"How are you? She asked as she walked up to me.

"I'm, I'm fine." I turned around to face her, placing the book I had just bought in my bag.

"It's kind of weird to see you here, we've bare hung out lately." she smiled as she paid for her book as well. I forced a smile as I followed her out of the bookstore.

"Yeah, I know..." I laughed awkwardly.

"What's up with that anyway? Do you not like us anymore?" she joked as she walked with me toward my house.

'I just felt like you two would like some privacy." I lied, well, it wasn't a complete lie. But it wasn't the main reason either.

"For almost two years?" she laughed. "I mean, I'm not saying I don't enjoy alone time with Nigel but- we both miss you." she smiled,

"I'm sorry- I just." I struggled, I didn't know what else to say. I can't tell her the truth, I can't tell her how much it hurts for me to see them together.

"It's okay, I think I get it," she said quietly, I looked at her surprised. Don't tell she could tell. Please don't tell me that.

"What do you-" I started, and she let out a laugh.

"Don't worry, I won't tell him." she smiled. I looked down at the ground, stopping as I took a breath.

When smiled quietly as she looked at me. "What are you doing tomorrow?" she asked. I looked up confused.

"Nothing- why?"

"Then come hang out with us," she suggested. "Don't worry we won't be too couply" she joked.

I smiled as I stood up. "Alright."

--
2 years Later

I carefully made my way through the forest making sure not to trip as I could barely see anything at night.

Nigel had practically forced me to come out here at this time because he has 'something important to tell me.

I wasn't sure why he couldn't just tell me at home instead of in the middle of the woods at midnight. But here we are

It was getting darker the deeper I got, the only light source is the moon.

I glanced up at the sky as I passed a clearing. It was going to be a food moon tonight, but I don't think Nigel knew about that.

I was confident I had enough control by now that I wouldn't fully lose it and turn, so I decided I would just go and get it over with.