Chapter 44 || Out

Isaac POV*

I decided to stay home that night, I wished there was a way for me to tell my dad Marc was safe, but that would reveal what I did, and I don't think he could handle it. Or if I could.

After we closed the shop my dad cleaned up around the products as I counted the money we made today. I got the book to write it down. I felt a bit guilty as I noticed most of it was in my dad's handwriting now, I've been doing it for years.

I wrote it down and put the book away again, looking into the store as my dad swept the floor. "We got a lot more than yesterday..." I tried to start a conversation, but he didn't even hear me.

"Dad? Are you still there?" I asked a little louder. He looked up surprised. "Sorry- what?" He asked confused. "I said we make a lot more money than yesterday," I repeated, and he let out a laugh.

"That's because there were things to buy today, I barely had time to make more potions because I was busy running the store." He said as he continued sweeping.

"Oh- right, listen, I'm sorry I-" he stopped me. "No don't worry- it's fine. You're getting older, you have other things on your mind." He smirked as he walked past me. "What- no- that's not-" I stuttered as I followed him to the bag, bringing the money with me.

"Dad, really- it's not like that" I tried again. He didn't say anything and just kept doing what he was doing. He walked up to us and put all the leftover boxes onto it.

"You don't have to make excuses- I already said I'm fine with it." He said again, clearly not listening to me. "I seriously don't like her that way, she's just my friend," I said again, trying so hard to get through to him. I didn't want to use this as an excuse, saying it with her when I'm not is one thing but I don't want him to think I'm there all the time because we're dating or something.

"Why are you trying so hard to try and prove otherwise-" he said, still turned around. "Because you're not listening!" I got up, yelling a little louder. "I'm trying to support you now that you have a girlfr-"

"I DON'T EVEN LIKE GIRLS!!" I yelled out without thinking, and as soon as It was out, I instantly regretted it. He froze, turning silent.

I let out a long sigh as I dropped down on the chair next to me. "What.." dad finally spoke again.

I took a breath. "I'm gay, dad," I repeated. He got off of his step ladder but didn't turn around just yet. Every second he didn't say anything I got more nervous.

"I see." He finally got up and turned around. "Does she know?"

What- I just him I was gay and the first thing he asked is about Ava? "Oh- well yeah she does. She's known for a long time." I said, a little confused.

"Right- she does." He sighed as he walked up to me. He took a seat infront of me. "Are you okay?" I asked, laughing slightly at his weird actions.

"Me- yeah I'm fine." He also laughs. "I'm sorry I just need a second." He added. I nodded and sat back a little.

"I'm sorry I told you like that it just- came out... I guess" I sighed, he shook his head, "I shouldn't have pushed you like that about Ava.

"Are you- okay with it?" I asked carefully. "What-" he looked suddenly. "Of course, why would you think I wouldn't be?!" He said as he leaned a little closer.

"Well you are quiet, and you don't exactly look happy..." I explained. "It's just... haha.." he sighed. "It's not that I'm not happy, I'm really happy you told me. It's just so sudden and I'm not sure what to say." He explained.

I relaxed in my chair a little as I listened to him. "Why did you wait so long to tell me..?" He asked. I shrugged. "There was just a lot going on, all the time so I just never got the chance to tell you. And at some point, I just didn't think about it anymore." I said. He looked at me confused.

"How long have you known..." he asked carefully. "Well, I kind of always knew..." I shrugged. "D-did mom know?" I looked down. "I think she might've had an idea." I let out a laugh.

Dad let out another sigh and sat back in his chair. "I'm sorry, for... assuming you were with ava." He smiled. I shook my head. "I understand how it might've looked like that," I said back. I mean, he was right as to why I was gone all the time, except it's not Ava I was seeing. Bur, there's no way I can tell him the whole truth.

"So when you're gone all day you're really just hanging out?" He asked again to make sure. "Yeah. I am" I laughed.

He let out a sigh and got up from his chair. "I should finish cleaning up." He smiled as he gestured to the potions behind him. I nodded as I almost stood up. I was about to walk away to my room when he stopped me.

"Isaac.." He said carefully. I turned around confused. He took a step closer and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back, a little confused. "I'm sorry if I even made you feel uncomfortable." He apologized.

"Dad, it's fine. I'm sorry I didn't tell you in a better way." I laughed. I felt him nod and he pulled away from the hug, only leaving his hand on my shoulder. "I'm proud of you, son" he smiled.

I took a breath. Taken aback by his words. I felt a bit guilty because I was still lying to him, and if he found out he wouldn't be so proud anymore. But it also felt great to hear him say that. I fought back tears as I thanked him. Het let go of me and went back to cleaning up, and I finally went to my room. I decided That tomorrow I'd spend the day helping out around the shop, I'm sure Lukas and the others can handle themselves for one day...